U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Asks President Biden to Reopen the ACA Marketplace to Allow Wisconsinites to Get Health Insurance During COVID-19 Pandemic
Baldwin: "In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is critical that all Americans have the support they need to obtain comprehensive, affordable health coverage."
WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin is calling on President Joe Biden to take action to help more Americans gain access to quality, affordable health insurance they need during the COVID-19 pandemic. In a letter to the President, Baldwin urges President Biden to immediately open a special enrollment period (SEP) for the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) online marketplace, and to restore funding for the Navigator Program and the ACA’s outreach and enrollment efforts.
Baldwin repeatedly called on President Trump to open a special enrollment period during the pandemic, but instead of working to expand access to care, the Trump administration ignored the advice of public health experts and locked out the uninsured and underinsured from accessing the health coverage they desperately needed during an unprecedented public health crisis.
“An immediate SEP, paired with restored outreach funding and support for the Navigator Program, would give Wisconsin families a level of reassurance and security that has been absent during President Trump’s time in office. States, including Wisconsin, stand ready to work with you during a SEP. Families already struggling to make ends meet in light of the global pandemic need and deserve comprehensive, affordable health insurance.”
The full letter to President Biden is available here.
An online version of this release is available here.
- WI Daily: 350 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 5th, 2021
- DHS and Laboratory Partners Identify Variant Strain B.1.351 of SARS-CoV-2 in Wisconsin - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Mar 5th, 2021
- Many South Side Seniors Now Eligible for Vaccination at Kosciuszko Community Center - Sup. Sylvia Ortiz-Velez - Mar 5th, 2021
- State Vaccine Hotline Up and Running - Graham Kilmer - Mar 5th, 2021
- County Targeting Vulnerable ZIP Codes for Vaccine - Graham Kilmer - Mar 5th, 2021
- Ron Johnson Pushes Conspiracies Ahead of Possible Third Term - Shawn Johnson - Mar 5th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DHS Announce 1 Million Wisconsinites Have Received at Least One Dose of the COVID-19 Vaccine - Gov. Tony Evers - Mar 5th, 2021
- Evers Proposes COVID-19 Child Care Aid - Laurel White - Mar 4th, 2021
- WI Daily: 677 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 4th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 No Longer Declining in Milwaukee - Graham Kilmer - Mar 4th, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin
Bipartisan legislation will increase icebreaking capacity in the Great Lakes region
Baldwin, Hoeven Introduce Bipartisan Legislation to Alleviate Feed Shortages for Farmers and RanchersFeb 24th, 2021 by U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin
Senators’ Bill Provides Flexibility for Haying and Grazing of Cover Crops