Supervisor Moore Omokunde Statement on Clarke Resignation
"Sadly, the public may never get a full accounting from Clarke regarding his failures..."
“I am pleased to learn of the resignation of David Clarke, who obviously no longer wanted to be Sheriff of Milwaukee County, and had lost touch with the people.
“Nevertheless, this news is bittersweet, as we are left with incomplete answers regarding what led to the massive failures in his jail.
“Sadly, the public may never get a full accounting from Clarke regarding his failures, which is why it is important for the legal system to take whatever action they deem appropriate.”
More about the Resignation of Sheriff Clarke
- Op Ed: The Online Legacy of Sheriff Clarke - Isiah Holmes - Sep 14th, 2017
- Back in the News: Why Did Sheriff Clarke Resign? - Bruce Murphy - Sep 1st, 2017
- Alderman Bob Donovan thanks Sheriff Clarke on his years of dedication to public service - Ald. Bob Donovan - Sep 1st, 2017
- Sheriff David Clarke’s Resignation is a Victory for Milwaukee - U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore - Aug 31st, 2017
- Chairman Lipscomb Statement on Resignation of Sheriff Clarke - County Board Chairman Theodore Lipscomb, Sr. - Aug 31st, 2017
- Statement from Earnell Lucas, candidate for Milwaukee County Sheriff - Earnell Lucas - Aug 31st, 2017
- Supervisor Moore Omokunde Statement on Clarke Resignation - Sup. Supreme Moore Omokunde - Aug 31st, 2017
- Sen. Taylor Applauds Sheriff Clarke’s Resignation - State Sen. Lena Taylor - Aug 31st, 2017
- Resignation Letter - Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. - Aug 31st, 2017
Recent Press Releases by Sup. Supreme Moore Omokunde
"I'm confident that my colleagues on the taskforce share my sense of enthusiasm and urgency, and I know we're all eager to roll up our sleeves and get to work."
"They are a staple in the history of Hip Hop Music and serve as orchestrators in the soundtrack of mine and millions of other lives worldwide."
The Milwaukee Common Council passed a companion resolution to create the taskforce at its Tuesday, July 9 meeting.