Alderman Bob Donovan thanks Sheriff Clarke on his years of dedication to public service
Statement from Alderman Bob Donovan - September 1, 2017
Thank you Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr., for nearly 40 years of passionate service to the good residents of Milwaukee County. Sheriff Clarke’s dedication to our community began with his years of services to the Milwaukee Police Department before becoming sheriff.
Over the years I’ve worked well Sheriff Clarke, every time I called him to address a public safety issue in my district, he answered that call for help and for that I’m grateful. Even with exceedingly limited resources, he fought against prostitution and carjackings. Sheriff Clarke’s candor and passion for public safety and willingness to take a position on controversial issues is a political trait often lacking in politicians today, who often are timid and succumb to popular opinion. Clarke never wavered in the direction of the prevailing winds, and I admire a man who stands for what he believes in. I can’t say I agreed with him on every issue, but I don’t agree with my wife on every issue either! Whether you agreed with him or not, he had the guts to take a stand.
I wish him well in this new chapter in his life and I publicly acknowledge his service. One thing is for certain, whether you like him or not, all of Milwaukee is well aware that David Clarke came our way. Thank you Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr.
More about the Resignation of Sheriff Clarke
- Op Ed: The Online Legacy of Sheriff Clarke - Isiah Holmes - Sep 14th, 2017
- Back in the News: Why Did Sheriff Clarke Resign? - Bruce Murphy - Sep 1st, 2017
- Alderman Bob Donovan thanks Sheriff Clarke on his years of dedication to public service - Ald. Bob Donovan - Sep 1st, 2017
- Sheriff David Clarke’s Resignation is a Victory for Milwaukee - U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore - Aug 31st, 2017
- Chairman Lipscomb Statement on Resignation of Sheriff Clarke - County Board Chairman Theodore Lipscomb, Sr. - Aug 31st, 2017
- Statement from Earnell Lucas, candidate for Milwaukee County Sheriff - Earnell Lucas - Aug 31st, 2017
- Supervisor Moore Omokunde Statement on Clarke Resignation - Sup. Supreme Moore Omokunde - Aug 31st, 2017
- Sen. Taylor Applauds Sheriff Clarke’s Resignation - State Sen. Lena Taylor - Aug 31st, 2017
- Resignation Letter - Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. - Aug 31st, 2017
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Ald. Bob Donovan
Statement from Milwaukee Alderman Bob Donovan - August 15, 2018
The carnage continues as countless shootings have devastating impact on neighborhoods