Statement from Earnell Lucas, candidate for Milwaukee County Sheriff
"We will see what the process is going forward, but regardless, I will continue to be a candidate for a full term as Sheriff in 2018..."
“I have a deep and abiding commitment to this community, and I have the experience in law enforcement and public safety to be the next Milwaukee County Sheriff. That’s why I filed to be a candidate, why I’ve been campaigning across the community with my message of collaboration, integrity, and professionalism, and why dozens of community leaders are lining up with me.
“We will see what the process is going forward, but regardless, I will continue to be a candidate for a full term as Sheriff in 2018, and I look forward to earning the trust of Milwaukee County voters.”
Lucas for Milwaukee
More about the Resignation of Sheriff Clarke
- Op Ed: The Online Legacy of Sheriff Clarke - Isiah Holmes - Sep 14th, 2017
- Back in the News: Why Did Sheriff Clarke Resign? - Bruce Murphy - Sep 1st, 2017
- Alderman Bob Donovan thanks Sheriff Clarke on his years of dedication to public service - Ald. Bob Donovan - Sep 1st, 2017
- Sheriff David Clarke’s Resignation is a Victory for Milwaukee - U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore - Aug 31st, 2017
- Chairman Lipscomb Statement on Resignation of Sheriff Clarke - County Board Chairman Theodore Lipscomb, Sr. - Aug 31st, 2017
- Statement from Earnell Lucas, candidate for Milwaukee County Sheriff - Earnell Lucas - Aug 31st, 2017
- Supervisor Moore Omokunde Statement on Clarke Resignation - Sup. Supreme Moore Omokunde - Aug 31st, 2017
- Sen. Taylor Applauds Sheriff Clarke’s Resignation - State Sen. Lena Taylor - Aug 31st, 2017
- Resignation Letter - Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. - Aug 31st, 2017