Statement on Shooting at Waukesha South High School
"My heart is with the Waukesha community and the students, teachers, and families who are coping with today’s terrifying events."
MADISON – Assembly Democratic Leader Gordon Hintz (D-Oshkosh) released the following statement on today’s shooting at Waukesha South High School:
“My heart is with the Waukesha community and the students, teachers, and families who are coping with today’s terrifying events. Lawmakers have an obligation to do everything possible to ensure people feel safe where they attend school, work, and events in their community. Survivors, family members, and first responders of past shootings can attest to the long lasting impact an act of gun violence has on a community. People in every corner of the state have voiced these fears to their elected officials and are looking to their leaders to act.
“While there are no easy solutions to end gun violence, we cannot continue to sit back and do nothing. We will continue to pursue common sense gun safety measures to lower these incidents of violence moving forward.”
More about the Waukesha South High School Shooting
- After Shootings Officials Discuss School Safety - Terry Falk - Dec 6th, 2019
- Police Investigating Multiple School Threats - Isiah Holmes - Dec 5th, 2019
- 12% of Students Feel Unsafe in School - Corri Hess - Dec 5th, 2019
- School Shootings Raise Safety Concerns - Isiah Holmes - Dec 3rd, 2019
- Rep. Robyn Vining Responds to Recent Violence and Threats at High Schools - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Dec 3rd, 2019
- Statement on Shooting at Waukesha South High School - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Dec 2nd, 2019
- Gov. Evers’ Statement on Shooting at Waukesha South High School - Gov. Tony Evers - Dec 2nd, 2019
- Sensenbrenner Statement on Waukesha South High School - U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner - Dec 2nd, 2019
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Democracy Campaign
“The creation of the Wisconsin Liberty Fund, an express advocacy PAC by a sitting legislator, is patently illegal.”
They Cite Recent Evidence of “Racist Intent”
It would make it impossible to conduct voter registration drives.