Gov. Evers’ Statement on Shooting at Waukesha South High School
"My heart is with the students, educators, and staff of Waukesha South High School and the entire Waukesha community as they mourn and endure the trauma of today’s shooting."
MADISON — Gov. Tony Evers today issued the following statement on today’s shooting at Waukesha South High School:
“My heart is with the students, educators, and staff of Waukesha South High School and the entire Waukesha community as they mourn and endure the trauma of today’s shooting. I am grateful for our educators and first responders who worked quickly to keep our kids safe and ensure no one else was injured.
We are continuing to learn more details about the situation this morning, but what I can say is it’s gut-wrenching that our kids wondered whether this was a drill or it was real—our kids shouldn’t have to fear for their life in our classrooms or at school, and no parent should have to send their kid off to school in the morning worrying about whether or not they’ll come home.
Wisconsinites believe in helping each other in times of need, so I know we will come together to do everything we can to support the Waukesha community as they begin to heal. Today is a grim reminder that this can happen anywhere, but I do not accept—nor should we accept—that this is an inevitable reality for our kids, our communities, our state, or our country.”
Office of the Governor
- After Shootings Officials Discuss School Safety - Terry Falk - Dec 6th, 2019
- Police Investigating Multiple School Threats - Isiah Holmes - Dec 5th, 2019
- 12% of Students Feel Unsafe in School - Corri Hess - Dec 5th, 2019
- School Shootings Raise Safety Concerns - Isiah Holmes - Dec 3rd, 2019
- Rep. Robyn Vining Responds to Recent Violence and Threats at High Schools - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Dec 3rd, 2019
- Statement on Shooting at Waukesha South High School - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Dec 2nd, 2019
- Gov. Evers’ Statement on Shooting at Waukesha South High School - Gov. Tony Evers - Dec 2nd, 2019
- Sensenbrenner Statement on Waukesha South High School - U.S. Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner - Dec 2nd, 2019
Read more about Waukesha South High School Shooting here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Republicans on Joint Finance Committee gut Badger Bounceback agenda