Statement from Kenosha County Judicial Candidate Angela Cunningham on Charging Decision of the Jacob Blake Shooting
Today District Attorney Mike Graveley announced he is not charging Officer Rusten Sheskey for Jacob Blake’s shooting. I place tremendous faith in the men and women of our justice system. Still, we must acknowledge that our community is in pain. Division still exists and mistrust penetrates the souls of many in our community. As concerned community members exercise their right to demonstrate, I urge all those gathering to maintain peace, exude calm, and prioritize safety. At this moment, we must focus our energy on securing and strengthening an inclusive vision of justice for all Americans.
For Kenosha to move forward, we need to elect people who will represent everyone. We need judges who will bring diverse experiences and broad perspectives so that Kenosha can heal. I understand the complexities of our justice system. I served in various legal roles, acting as both a prosecutor and defense attorney during my career. Regardless of position, the unwavering pursuit of justice has and will always be my cause. I will always strive to secure justice for all, and I will always keep our Constitution at heart. May we all continue to improve our justice system to better serve, protect, and empower all Kenosha County citizens.
Angela Cunningham for Judge
- Community Leaders Lament Jacob Blake Decision - PrincessSafiya Byers - Jan 9th, 2021
- Rep. Robyn Vining Responds to Kenosha DA Decision - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Jan 7th, 2021
- Body Cameras Would Have Helped Jacob Blake Shooting Investigation - Corri Hess - Jan 7th, 2021
- Joint Statement on Charging Decision in Jacob Blake Case - Milwaukee Common Council - Jan 6th, 2021
- Barnes Rips Kenosha DA On Blake Shooting - Melanie Conklin - Jan 6th, 2021
- Rep. Stubbs’ Statement on Decision to not Charge Officer Sheskey in Shooting of Jacob Blake - State Rep. Shelia Stubbs - Jan 6th, 2021
- Statement from the Milwaukee Bucks Organization - Milwaukee Bucks - Jan 5th, 2021
- Senator Agard Releases Statement on the Decision to Not Charge Officer Involved in Shooting Jacob Blake - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Jan 5th, 2021
- Rep Hintz: Statement on Jacob Blake Shooting Charging Decision by Kenosha District Attorney - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Jan 5th, 2021
- Statement from Kenosha County Judicial Candidate Angela Cunningham on Charging Decision of the Jacob Blake Shooting - Angela Cunningham - Jan 5th, 2021
Read more about Shooting of Jacob Blake here