Rural and Urban School Districts Express Support for Governor Evers’ Budget
Wisconsin Rural Schools Alliance, Milwaukee Public Schools, Madison Metropolitan School District, and Racine Unified release letter of support
The greatest countries in the world and the greatest states in this country all have at their foundation a dedication to a system of education that supports their children from birth through secondary school and that provides opportunities after graduation to enhance their skills and intellects at the highest levels.
That bedrock foundation of education, a dedication to it and investment in it, is what drives social and economic development and excellence in those societies. We know how to build a world class state and world class communities because we know how to build a world class education system. The difficulty lies not in identifying the essential elements that lead to success, but in summoning the courage and sustaining the will to be successful.
There is deep, bipartisan understanding of the fact that Wisconsin needs to do better and there is a strong belief that we can do better. The depth of that understanding and belief is underscored by over two decades worth of legislative study commissions and commission reports on K-12 education. Good and honorable people have served on those commissions and have heard clear and strong testimony from the people of Wisconsin. The catalog we have created of our shortcomings is perhaps without peer. Now we must act.
Whether in our strong rural communities or vibrant urban centers, the people of Wisconsin have demonstrated time and again that they value the power of public education and they continue to do their part to support their schools. Now, in this new century, we must act as a statewide community to create a world class education system that stands us shoulder to shoulder with the best in the world.
In our view, the best first step in that effort is passage of the budget put forward by Governor Tony Evers. The budget plan begins to position Wisconsin and our children to lead with their peers in other states and nations of the world.
As part of that call to action we offer our strongest endorsement and support of the Governor’s K-12 budget proposal and recognize that we must lead not only on behalf of our own communities but on behalf of the children of the state and in the best interests of Wisconsin.
At this crucial moment we must join together and move this initiative forward.
More about the 2019-2021 Wisconsin Budget
- Evers Budgets $78 Million for High Speed Internet - Danielle Kaeding - Mar 14th, 2019
- Evers Wants $2.5 Billion Capital Budget - Shawn Johnson - Mar 11th, 2019
- The Medical College of Wisconsin Applauds Governor Evers Commitment to Cancer Research - Medical College of Wisconsin - Mar 8th, 2019
- Evers Budget Overlooks Convention Center - Corri Hess - Mar 8th, 2019
- School Leaders Back Evers Funding Plan - John Davis - Mar 7th, 2019
- WILL Budget Explainer: The Administrative State - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Mar 7th, 2019
- Governor Evers Makes Historic Investments in Health Care Coverage and Access - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Mar 6th, 2019
- Evers’ Budget Allows Immigrants In-State Tuition - Phoebe Petrovic - Mar 6th, 2019
- Murphy’s Law: Who Will Win State Budget Battle? - Bruce Murphy - Mar 5th, 2019
- The State of Politics: Governor’s Veto Power Looms Large - Steven Walters - Mar 4th, 2019
- Rural and Urban School Districts Express Support for Governor Evers’ Budget - Milwaukee Public Schools - Mar 1st, 2019
- Governor Evers Budget Prioritizes Real People Living Real Lives - Wisconsin Alliance for Women’s Health - Mar 1st, 2019
- Coalition for More Responsible Transportation Members Applaud Gov. Evers’ Proposed Transportation Budget - Coalition for More Responsible Transportation - Mar 1st, 2019
- Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald Responds to Governor Evers’ Budget Address - Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald - Feb 28th, 2019
- Rep. Considine Statement on Governor’s Budget - State Rep. Dave Considine - Feb 28th, 2019
- Senator Craig Responds to Governor Evers’ Budget Address - State Sen. David Craig - Feb 28th, 2019
- Rep. Shankland Commends Governor Evers on The People’s Budget - State Rep. Katrina Shankland - Feb 28th, 2019
- Rep. Robyn Vining Cheers The People’s Budget - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Feb 28th, 2019
- Milwaukee Area Labor Council Reaction State Budget - Milwaukee Area Labor Council - Feb 28th, 2019
- Statement from Rep. Brostoff in Support of Gov. Evers’ Redistricting Plan - State Rep. Jonathan Brostoff - Feb 28th, 2019
- The People’s Budget is a Win for Wisconsin - State Sen. Jennifer Shilling - Feb 28th, 2019
- Rep. Mark Spreitzer Applauds Gov. Evers’s Budget Address - State Rep. Mark Spreitzer - Feb 28th, 2019
- Gov. Tony Evers’ Budget Plan: Progress on Solutions for Student Loan Borrowers and Protections for Wisconsin Voter Rights - One Wisconsin Now - Feb 28th, 2019
- Governor Evers Gives 2019-21 Biennial Budget Address - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 28th, 2019
- MacIver Responds To Reporters Being Barred From Evers Budget Briefing - MacIver Institute - Feb 28th, 2019
- AFP-WI: Evers Education Budget Doesn’t Prioritize Student Success - AFP Wisconsin - Feb 28th, 2019
- Evers’ Budget Will Include Nonpartisan Redistricting Process - Shawn Johnson - Feb 27th, 2019
- Representative Subeck Applauds Governor Evers’ Plan to Ensure Fair Election Maps - State Rep. Lisa Subeck - Feb 26th, 2019
- Rep. Robyn Vining Embraces Gov. Evers’ Inclusion of Redistricting in Budget - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Feb 26th, 2019
- Gov. Evers Announces Tribal Initiatives in State Budget - Gov. Tony Evers - Feb 26th, 2019
- Governor Evers’ Budget Targets School Choice: What You Need to Know - Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty - Feb 25th, 2019
- The State of Politics: 10 Issues to Watch in Evers Budget - Steven Walters - Feb 25th, 2019
- Evers Signals Gas Tax In His Budget - Danielle Kaeding - Feb 13th, 2019
- Evers Budget Will ‘Put Kids First’ - Shawn Johnson - Jan 30th, 2019
- Evers Wants Voucher Costs on Tax Bills - Shawn Johnson - Jan 3rd, 2019
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Public Schools
Daily events planned February 4-8, 2019
Milwaukee Public Schools partners with Wisconsin Vision and the Milwaukee Teachers' Education Association