One Wisconsin Now Statements on Scott Walker Latest Corporate Welfare Scheme
Desperate Governor Calling for ‘FoxValleyCon’
MADISON, Wis. — One Wisconsin Now Executive Director Scot Ross released the following statements about Gov. Scott Walker’s 11th hour election year call to pass legislation giving a $100 million-plus check to a company which paid $1 worth in net state tax over the last four years available, according to records from the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
“Kimberly-Clark has had $1 in Wisconsin state net tax burden the last four years available. Now Gov. Walker is calling for the passage of a giveaway that equates to over $166,666 per job.
“Scott Walker’s ‘FoxValleyCon’ is the same as Foxconn, taxpayer-funded corporate welfare to try and save Scott Walker’s political career instead of investing in our schools and communities.”
One Wisconsin Now is a statewide communications network specializing in effective earned media and online organizing to advance progressive leadership and values.
- Op Ed: Growing Wealth Gap Hurts Wage Earners - Tamarine Cornelius - Jan 20th, 2019
- This Isn’t an Economic Development Strategy, This is an Extortion. - State Sen. Chris Larson - Dec 14th, 2018
- Kimberly-Clark to Keep Cold Spring Facility Open in Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker - Dec 13th, 2018
- Governor-elect Tony Evers Statement on Kimberly-Clark Announcement - Gov. Tony Evers - Dec 13th, 2018
- Kimberly-Clark Subsidy Stalled in Senate - Laurel White - Nov 28th, 2018
- Kimberly-Clark, Unions, Push for Subsidy - Laurel White - Nov 15th, 2018
- AFP-Wisconsin to Legislators: Reject Corporate Welfare - AFP Wisconsin - Nov 14th, 2018
- MacIver Institute Reminds Wisconsin Why Kimberly-Clark Bailout Is a Bad Idea - MacIver Institute - Nov 14th, 2018
- GOP Pushes Tax Giveaway Plan That Pays More for Fewer Jobs - One Wisconsin Now - Nov 14th, 2018
- Republican Opposition to Kimberly-Clark Bill Intensifies - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Oct 4th, 2018
Read more about Kimberly-Clark Plant Closings here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Democratic Party of Wisconsin
WalletHub Ranks Wisconsin 11th for Best States for Jobs, 8th for Job Market
GOP Reps. Janel Brandtjen and Chuck Wichgers Abandon Wisconsinites to Visit Arizona Election Review Circus