One Wisconsin Now Statements on Scott Walker Latest Corporate Welfare Scheme
Desperate Governor Calling for ‘FoxValleyCon’
MADISON, Wis. — One Wisconsin Now Executive Director Scot Ross released the following statements about Gov. Scott Walker’s 11th hour election year call to pass legislation giving a $100 million-plus check to a company which paid $1 worth in net state tax over the last four years available, according to records from the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
“Kimberly-Clark has had $1 in Wisconsin state net tax burden the last four years available. Now Gov. Walker is calling for the passage of a giveaway that equates to over $166,666 per job.
“Scott Walker’s ‘FoxValleyCon’ is the same as Foxconn, taxpayer-funded corporate welfare to try and save Scott Walker’s political career instead of investing in our schools and communities.”
One Wisconsin Now is a statewide communications network specializing in effective earned media and online organizing to advance progressive leadership and values.
More about the Kimberly-Clark Plant Closings
- Republican Opposition to Kimberly-Clark Bill Intensifies - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Oct 4th, 2018
- Senator Craig Statement on Kimberly–Clark Legislation - State Sen. David Craig - Oct 3rd, 2018
- Scott Walker, GOP Seek Lame Duck Session to Send $100 Million to Corporation That’s Had $1 in Net State Tax Since 2013 - One Wisconsin Now - Oct 2nd, 2018
- Governor Walker Releases Statement on Kimberly-Clark - Gov. Scott Walker - Oct 2nd, 2018
- Desperate Walker Wants to Hand Out More Election Year Corporate Welfare - One Wisconsin Now - Oct 1st, 2018
- The State of Politics: Kimberly-Clark Won’t Get Tax Break - Steven Walters - Sep 17th, 2018
- One Wisconsin Now Statements on Scott Walker Latest Corporate Welfare Scheme - One Wisconsin Now - Sep 14th, 2018
- Campaign Cash: WMC Pushes For Kimberly-Clark Subsidy - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Sep 13th, 2018
- Kimberly-Clark Employees Remind Us Why Bailout Is A Bad Idea - MacIver Institute - Aug 30th, 2018
- Wisconsin Budget: Walker Rewards Kimberly-Clark For Layoffs? - Jon Peacock - Aug 2nd, 2018
- Op Ed: Say No to Kimberly-Clark Subsidy - State Sen. Chris Larson - Jul 26th, 2018
- Kimberly-Clark Will Consider State Subsidy - Brady Carlson - Jul 25th, 2018
- Governor Walker Releases Statement on Kimberly-Clark, United Steelworkers Agreement - Gov. Scott Walker - Jul 24th, 2018
- Governor Walker, State Officials Push to Keep Kimberly-Clark Jobs in the Fox Valley - Gov. Scott Walker - Feb 15th, 2018
- Wisconsin Budget: The Lesson of Kimberly-Clark Layoffs - Jon Peacock - Feb 12th, 2018
- Campaign Cash: Kimberly-Clark Donated to Walker, Legislators - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Feb 7th, 2018
- Governor Walker Calls for Increasing Tax Incentives for Kimberly-Clark - Gov. Scott Walker - Feb 5th, 2018
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by One Wisconsin Now
"We think Ms. Douglass made the right decision."