Governor-elect Tony Evers and Lt. Governor-elect Mandela Barnes Announce Agriculture, Energy, and Natural Resources Policy Advisory Council
"We’re going to bring science back to decision-making in Wisconsin."
MADISON – Today, Governor-elect Tony Evers and Lt. Governor-elect Mandela Barnes announced their Agriculture, Energy, and Natural Resources Policy Advisory Council. The Council will work directly with the transition team on identifying strategies to protect Wisconsin’s natural resources, strengthen our agricultural industries, and work toward clean energy innovation.
“We’re going to bring science back to decision-making in Wisconsin,” Evers said. “Whether it’s ensuring we have clean drinking water, protecting our natural resources, standing up for our family dairy farms, or investing in clean, renewable energy, we have to get to work on addressing these issues that affect our kids and our future. There’s no time to waste, and my Agriculture, Energy, and Natural Resources Policy Advisory Council will work directly with my transition team to ensure we’re tackling these issues head-on.”
Governor-elect Evers’ Agriculture, Energy, and Natural Resources Policy Advisory Council includes:
- Dee Allen, Lac du Flambeau Tribal Natural Resources Department
- Lauren Azar, Former Public Service Commissioner; Formerly of the U.S. Department of Energy
- Spencer Black, Former Chair, Wisconsin State Assembly Natural Resources Committee
- Dave Clausen, Veterinarian; Former Department of Natural Resources Board Chair
- Preston Cole, Milwaukee Department of Neighborhood Services
- Paul DeLong, American Forest Foundation
- John Dickert, Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Cities Initiative
- Tom Hauge, Formerly of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Tyler Huebner, RENEW Wisconsin
- Mary Jean Huston, The Nature Conservancy
- Bruce Keyes, Menomonee Valley Partners, Inc.
- Matt Krueger, Wisconsin Land and Water Conservation Association
- Kim Marotta, Molson Coors
- Peter McAvoy, UW-Milwaukee School of Freshwater Sciences
- Ron McDonald, Valley Transit
- Ashwat Narayanan, 1000 Friends of Wisconsin
- Tia Nelson, Outrider Foundation
- Kara O’Connor, Wisconsin Farmers Union
- Mark Redsten, Clean Wisconsin
- Brian Rude, Dairyland Power Cooperative
- Kerry Schumann, Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters
- Dan Smith, Cooperative Network
- Rebekah Sweeney, Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association
- Christine Thomas, UW-Stevens Point College of Natural Resources Dean
- Adam Warthesen, Organic Valley
For additional information about Governor-elect Evers, Lt. Governor-elect Barnes, and the transition team, please visit evers.wi.gov.
Office of Governor-elect Tony Evers
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Tony Evers
Gov. Evers Announces Nexus Pharmaceuticals to Build Sterile Injectable Manufacturing Facility in Pleasant PrairieJul 10th, 2019 by Gov. Tony Evers
The Pleasant Prairie manufacturing facility will support the production and supply of drugs in an array of therapeutic areas, including anesthesia, oncology, cardiovascular and neurology.
"Senate Bill 239 allows us to catch up with the rest of the Midwest by bringing 5G to Wisconsin."
"I’ve said all along that healthcare should not be a privilege afforded only to the healthy and the wealthy."