Gov. Evers Ready to Get to Work for Wisconsin
The people we represent deserve to have elected officials who show up and get things done for their families. That’s what I’m here to do.
Tonight, Governor Tony Evers delivered his second State of the State Address to a joint session of the Wisconsin State Legislature. Assembly Assistant Democratic Leader, Representative Dianne Hesselbein (D-Middleton) issued the following reaction to the governor’s bold vision for the future of Wisconsin:
“There are many issues Governor Evers laid out tonight that Democrats in the legislature are ready and willing to work on with our Republican colleagues. We are ready to get to work on capping insulin prices, finally closing the dark store loophole, addressing homelessness, and many other important priorities. It’s only the beginning of the year, and we have enough time to set politics aside and work on solutions for these issues.
One issue I was glad to hear in Governor Evers’ speech was non-partisan redistricting. I agree with Governor Evers that we need to make sure our elections are fair and that people get to choose their politicians, not the other way around. That’s why I recently introduced a constitutional amendment on non-partisan redistricting. The overwhelming majority of Wisconsinites agree that we need fair maps, so let’s give them a chance to vote on it.
There is a great opportunity to work together this year and truly address the problems that are facing Wisconsin. The people we represent deserve to have elected officials who show up and get things done for their families. That’s what I’m here to do.”
- Republicans Bash Evers Before He Speaks - Melanie Conklin - Jan 23rd, 2020
- Gov. Evers Calls Special Session, Signs Executive Orders Supporting and Investing in Farmers and Rural Communities - Gov. Tony Evers - Jan 23rd, 2020
- Risser Applauds Governor Evers’ State of the State Address - State Sen. Fred Risser - Jan 23rd, 2020
- Evers Calls Special Session on Dairy Crisis - Laurel White - Jan 23rd, 2020
- Governor Calls on Legislature to Pass Vruwink’s Small Farm Diversity Legislation - State Rep. Don Vruwink - Jan 23rd, 2020
- Representative Myers’ Response to the State of the State Address - State Rep. LaKeshia Myers - Jan 22nd, 2020
- Rep. Bowen’s Statement on Gov. Evers’ 2020 State of the State Address - State Rep. David Bowen - Jan 22nd, 2020
- Assembly Speaker Robin Vos Response To State of the State - Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos - Jan 22nd, 2020
- Gov. Evers Ready to Get to Work for Wisconsin - State Rep. Dianne Hesselbein - Jan 22nd, 2020
- Rep. Robyn Vining Commends Governor Evers’ State of the State Address - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Jan 22nd, 2020
Read more about 2020 State of the State here
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Dianne Hesselbein
Short Session with Missed Opportunities