Risser Applauds Governor Evers’ State of the State Address
Last night during the State of the State Address, Governor Evers delivered a resounding call to action on the challenges facing our state.
Last night during the State of the State Address, Governor Tony Evers delivered a resounding call to action on the challenges facing our state. It is truly refreshing to listen to a Governor who has taken the time to visit all 72 counties and listen to the concerns of its citizens
I particularly applaud Governor Evers’ focus on issues that cut across party lines, such as helping our agriculture community which is reeling from the loss of over 1,000 dairy farms in the past three years, to addressing the student loan debt crisis, and getting rid of the PFAS chemicals poisoning our water, including right here in Madison’s Starkweather Creek and Lake Monona.
As insulin prices continue to rise, we will be confronted by more stories like those of Micah Fischer, the 26-year-old Wisconsinite who could not afford to pay for his insulin out of pocket. Micah chose to ration his insulin and died while waiting for his insurance to take effect which would have covered the cost the insulin he needed.
It is disheartening that Republicans think clean water or affordable medication are partisan issues. But this demonstrates exactly why we need the non-partisan redistricting process called for by Governor Evers, to ensure that elected are actually able to be held accountable.
Finally, I am proud of Governor Evers’ call for bringing back science and recognizing climate change as a threat to all future generations.
Governor Evers has demonstrated that he truly is the people’s governor. Wisconsin should strive to always be looking forward to better and brighter future. Under his leadership Wisconsinites can once again be assured they have a Governor who listens and responds to their concerns. As the Governor so eloquently put it last night, “in Wisconsin, when we move forward, we all go together.”
- Republicans Bash Evers Before He Speaks - Melanie Conklin - Jan 23rd, 2020
- Gov. Evers Calls Special Session, Signs Executive Orders Supporting and Investing in Farmers and Rural Communities - Gov. Tony Evers - Jan 23rd, 2020
- Risser Applauds Governor Evers’ State of the State Address - State Sen. Fred Risser - Jan 23rd, 2020
- Evers Calls Special Session on Dairy Crisis - Laurel White - Jan 23rd, 2020
- Governor Calls on Legislature to Pass Vruwink’s Small Farm Diversity Legislation - State Rep. Don Vruwink - Jan 23rd, 2020
- Representative Myers’ Response to the State of the State Address - State Rep. LaKeshia Myers - Jan 22nd, 2020
- Rep. Bowen’s Statement on Gov. Evers’ 2020 State of the State Address - State Rep. David Bowen - Jan 22nd, 2020
- Assembly Speaker Robin Vos Response To State of the State - Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos - Jan 22nd, 2020
- Gov. Evers Ready to Get to Work for Wisconsin - State Rep. Dianne Hesselbein - Jan 22nd, 2020
- Rep. Robyn Vining Commends Governor Evers’ State of the State Address - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Jan 22nd, 2020
Read more about 2020 State of the State here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by State Sen. Fred Risser
“If taken literally, this would prohibit a governor from reversing irresponsible cuts made by a vindictive legislature.”