Former County Supervisor Steve F. Taylor Decides Against Entering Race for Milwaukee County Executive
Taylor Will Head Up the Newly Formed ROC Foundation
Franklin, WI (December 5, 2019) – Franklin Alderman and former County Supervisor Steve F. Taylor announced today he will not be a candidate for Milwaukee County Executive nor any other office during this election cycle.
“I’m very appreciative to those who have been encouraging me to run this past month,” Taylor said. “I never shy away from a challenge, and anyone who has been paying attention over the past decade is fully aware of the financial hurdles facing Milwaukee County. However, there comes a time when new opportunities present themselves and the next chapter begins. I’m pleased to announce that I have accepted a position as Executive Director of the newly formed ROC Foundation, an exciting opportunity that combines giving back to the community with my passion for public service.”
“To be able to provide impressionable kids and young adults opportunities that they normally wouldn’t be afforded will be very rewarding,” Taylor said. “Having the resources of ROC Ventures at my disposal will allow me to touch the lives of so many deserving individuals and organizations.”
Alderman Taylor was first elected in 2008 as Franklin Alderman, and in 2012 as Milwaukee County Supervisor. Throughout his 6-year tenure on the County Board he was repeatedly chosen by his peers to be 2nd Vice-Chairman. During his time in office he served on several committees, boards, and commissions including a 3-year stint as Chair of the County’s Economic and Community Development Committee.
Steve Taylor 4 Milwauke County
- 2020 County Exec Race: Nath Kicked Out Of Voces Event - Graham Kilmer - Feb 3rd, 2020
- 2020 County Exec Race: Seven Will Run for County Executive - Graham Kilmer - Jan 7th, 2020
- Crowley Raises Over $53,000 for County Executive Race - County Executive David Crowley - Jan 6th, 2020
- 2020 County Exec Race: Jim Sullivan Will Run For County Executive - Graham Kilmer - Dec 11th, 2019
- Former County Supervisor Steve F. Taylor Decides Against Entering Race for Milwaukee County Executive - Steve F. Taylor - Dec 5th, 2019
- 2020 County Exec Race: Six Now Running for County Executive - Graham Kilmer - Nov 22nd, 2019
- MKE County: Lipscomb Will Run for County Exec - Graham Kilmer - Nov 12th, 2019
- Murphy’s Law: Who Will Run for County Executive? - Bruce Murphy - Oct 22nd, 2019
Read more about 2020 County Exec Race here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Steve F. Taylor
Shares Ryan's Concerns about Divisions Wrought by Identity Politics
"The land swap between Milwaukee County and Capstone Quadrangle is a win-win for everybody involved."
Supervisor Taylor Thanks County Board for Adoption of Amendment to Restore $200,000 for Senior Center OperationsNov 6th, 2017 by Steve F. Taylor
"I support Milwaukee County tightening its belt, but not at the expense of our seniors."