Democratic Party of Wisconsin Statement on the Shooting of Jacob Blake
“This evening in Wisconsin, Kenosha police shot an unarmed Black father reportedly in front of his children. It’s a sickening, infuriating tragedy, and it’s a symptom of the deadly disease of white supremacy and racism that must be confronted and defeated in our state and nation.
“We send our deepest prayers to Jacob Blake, and wish him and his loved ones strength in his recovery. This is yet another horrifying reminder of the violence of white supremacy, which devalues, maims, and ends Black lives in our state. The officer who shot Mr. Blake seven times at point blank range should be investigated, tried, and convicted.
“We don’t yet know the details of this situation. But we know a man was shot in the back in broad daylight. We know that Wisconsin is one of the worst states to raise a Black child, is a state that incarcerates Black men at one of the highest rates in the nation, and is a state with a brutal history of police violence. Black lives matter. Jacob Blake’s life matters. Our party stands in solidarity with the movement across Wisconsin and nationwide to root out the poison of racism and bring a day where tragedies like tonight’s are painful history, not everyday reality.”
- Ex-Madison Police Chief Helping Review Blake Case - Madeline Fox - Sep 22nd, 2020
- UPDATE: Kenosha Officer-Involved Shooting - Josh Kaul - Sep 21st, 2020
- Activists Criticize Tosa PD’s Protest Tactics - Isiah Holmes - Sep 19th, 2020
- AG Decision on Blake Shooting Coming Up - Corri Hess - Sep 17th, 2020
- NLG Condemns Biased and Unprofessional Policing by Kenosha Police and Sheriff’s Departments - National Lawyers Guild, Milwaukee Chapter - Sep 16th, 2020
- Protesters Describe Detention In Kenosha - Isiah Holmes - Sep 14th, 2020
- Evers Might Extend Mask Order - Shawn Johnson - Sep 10th, 2020
- Jacob Blake Speaks from Hospital Bed - Rob Mentzer - Sep 6th, 2020
- Biden Visits Blake Family in Kenosha - Madeline Fox and Laurel White - Sep 3rd, 2020
- A Chance for Change - Tom Palzewicz - Sep 2nd, 2020
Read more about Shooting of Jacob Blake here