Congresswoman Moore Supports Decision to Move Forward with Articles of Impeachment
"Trump engaged in an unprecedented abuse of power for personal political gain, at the expense of our national security and the integrity of our elections."
“The public hearings into the impeachment inquiry have allowed Americans to hear from courageous public servants and career-long diplomats. Each of these selfless Americans reaffirmed that what Trump did was plain wrong and refutes the shifting justifications that the White House and its allies have offered regarding him asking Ukraine’s president “to do me a favor.”
Additionally, throughout each of the hearings, the facts have not changed. Trump engaged in an unprecedented abuse of power for personal political gain, at the expense of our national security and the integrity of our elections. The House is moving forward with articles of impeachment because these heinous actions threaten our democracy. No one is above the law, not even the President.”
- Op Ed: The Courage of Mitt Romney - Bill Kaplan - Feb 10th, 2020
- In Trump Acquittal, Wisconsin Legislators Divided - Robin Bravender and Ruth Conniff - Feb 6th, 2020
- Pocan: ‘A Cover-Up That Will Haunt our Democracy’ - U.S. Rep Mark Pocan - Feb 5th, 2020
- Johnson Statement On Acquittal Votes - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Feb 5th, 2020
- Johnson Votes to Conclude Impeachment Proceedings - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Feb 3rd, 2020
- Call Bolton to Testify, Baldwin Urges - Erik Gunn - Jan 29th, 2020
- “Gut Check Time” For Senators, Baldwin Says - Shawn Johnson - Jan 28th, 2020
- Data Wonk: Measuring Republican Views on Impeachment - Bruce Thompson - Jan 2nd, 2020
- Data Wonk: Rep. Sensenbrenner’s Disappointing Column - Bruce Thompson - Dec 26th, 2019
- Pocan: ‘A Vote That Sets the Precedent for All Future Presidents’ - U.S. Rep Mark Pocan - Dec 18th, 2019
Read more about Impeachment of President Trump here
Recent Press Releases by U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore
Congresswoman Moore Announces $26.6 Million in Funding for the Muskego Yard Improvement Project in MilwaukeeMar 4th, 2020 by U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore
The funding will allow freight trains to bypass the Milwaukee’s main central bus and train station, improve freight flow through Milwaukee and increase the trips available between Milwaukee and Chicago on Amtrak’s Hiawatha service.
Congresswoman Moore Supports Bipartisan Bill Introduced to Improve Housing Conditions in Indian CountryDec 6th, 2019 by U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore
"I am pleased to join my colleagues in introducing this legislation that respects Tribal sovereignty and meets our trust obligation to Native Americans by providing funding for low-income housing."