Johnson Votes to Conclude Impeachment Proceedings
WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) said the following after voting to conclude impeachment proceedings:
“To use the House managers’ own argument on witnesses:
“The American people deserve a fair impeachment.
“The Constitution deserves a fair impeachment.
“The president deserves a fair impeachment.
“Unfortunately, the House did not deliver a fair impeachment to the Senate. Instead, contrary to the warnings of Speaker Pelosi, Senate Democrat Leader Schumer and Chairman Nadler, the House provided a totally partisan impeachment – rushed, violating due process and lacking any impeachable offense.
“Now, House Democrats are demanding the Senate do their investigatory work for them. Caving to their demands would have set a dangerous precedent and dramatically altered the constitutional order, thereby weaponizing impeachment and encouraging more of them. That is why I voted no on the question of calling witnesses.”
- Op Ed: The Courage of Mitt Romney - Bill Kaplan - Feb 10th, 2020
- In Trump Acquittal, Wisconsin Legislators Divided - Robin Bravender and Ruth Conniff - Feb 6th, 2020
- Pocan: ‘A Cover-Up That Will Haunt our Democracy’ - U.S. Rep Mark Pocan - Feb 5th, 2020
- Johnson Statement On Acquittal Votes - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Feb 5th, 2020
- Johnson Votes to Conclude Impeachment Proceedings - U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson - Feb 3rd, 2020
- Call Bolton to Testify, Baldwin Urges - Erik Gunn - Jan 29th, 2020
- “Gut Check Time” For Senators, Baldwin Says - Shawn Johnson - Jan 28th, 2020
- Data Wonk: Measuring Republican Views on Impeachment - Bruce Thompson - Jan 2nd, 2020
- Data Wonk: Rep. Sensenbrenner’s Disappointing Column - Bruce Thompson - Dec 26th, 2019
- Pocan: ‘A Vote That Sets the Precedent for All Future Presidents’ - U.S. Rep Mark Pocan - Dec 18th, 2019
Read more about Impeachment of President Trump here