Chairwoman Nicholson Statement on Charging Decision in Jacob Blake Case
“We all saw the video of the officer shooting Jacob Blake in the back and side seven times, and any reasonable person can see that Mr. Blake was not a threat to the officer, who could have used other means to gain compliance and arrest him, and allow the justice system to work.
“This decision demonstrates once again that we have different standards of justice for law enforcement officers and for Black civilians who are victims of police violence, and we have a long way to go to dismantle institutionalized racism in Wisconsin.”
“With this decision, once again we are witnessing law enforcement focus on alleged behavior of a victim of police violence and attempt to convict him in the media, rather than accountability for the law enforcement officer who used excessive and unnecessary force,” said Chairwoman Nicholson.
- Community Leaders Lament Jacob Blake Decision - PrincessSafiya Byers - Jan 9th, 2021
- Rep. Robyn Vining Responds to Kenosha DA Decision - State Rep. Robyn Vining - Jan 7th, 2021
- Body Cameras Would Have Helped Jacob Blake Shooting Investigation - Corri Hess - Jan 7th, 2021
- Joint Statement on Charging Decision in Jacob Blake Case - Milwaukee Common Council - Jan 6th, 2021
- Barnes Rips Kenosha DA On Blake Shooting - Melanie Conklin - Jan 6th, 2021
- Rep. Stubbs’ Statement on Decision to not Charge Officer Sheskey in Shooting of Jacob Blake - State Rep. Shelia Stubbs - Jan 6th, 2021
- Statement from the Milwaukee Bucks Organization - Milwaukee Bucks - Jan 5th, 2021
- Senator Agard Releases Statement on the Decision to Not Charge Officer Involved in Shooting Jacob Blake - State Sen. Melissa Agard - Jan 5th, 2021
- Rep Hintz: Statement on Jacob Blake Shooting Charging Decision by Kenosha District Attorney - State Rep. Gordon Hintz - Jan 5th, 2021
- Statement from Kenosha County Judicial Candidate Angela Cunningham on Charging Decision of the Jacob Blake Shooting - Angela Cunningham - Jan 5th, 2021
Read more about Shooting of Jacob Blake here