Bucks Unveil Preliminary Renderings of Downtown Milwaukee Master Development Plan
New arena centerpiece of vibrant sports and entertainment district north of the BMO Harris Bradley Center
The Milwaukee Bucks and their design team today released the first images and details of their vision for the development of a new multi-purpose arena and sports and entertainment district to help revitalize downtown Milwaukee. These conceptual images are an important step in the process as Bucks ownership continues to present their preferred site and vision to public officials, whose partnership is necessary for the proposed development.
The images depict early conceptual drawings of a new multi-purpose venue and entertainment district that anchor an ambitious new development vision activated by sports, entertainment, residential and office uses. The proposed site, which primarily sits between Fourth Street and Sixth Street from State Street to McKinley Avenue, will seamlessly link with active development on all sides, including Old World Third Street, Schlitz Park, The Brewery, the Milwaukee riverfront, Water Street and the Wisconsin Center.
The vision is for an arena designed for maximum flexibility and year-round use. A dynamic entertainment district will serve as a destination that draws the people of the region together for unforgettable experiences and a place people will love to gather for generations to come.
“We’re not just trying to build a new home for the Milwaukee Bucks, but create a 365-day attraction for Wisconsin residents that will help revitalize downtown Milwaukee,” said Bucks president Peter Feigin. “We’re excited to share this glimpse of our vision for the future as we continue to work with our local and state partners to arrive at a viable plan. This collective effort will create a ripple effect of growth, development and transformation for the entire community and region.”
The Bucks recently announced the hiring of Populous to lead a group of prominent global, national and local architects including HNTB and Eppstein Uhen.
“These early conceptual renderings represent the owners’ vision to create a world-class facility and year-round destination that will help revitalize downtown Milwaukee and spur growth and development throughout the region,” said Brad Clark, senior designer at Populous. “We envision this dynamic entertainment experience as one that could seamlessly connect to the greater Milwaukee community. The goal is to design a lasting symbol for all of Wisconsin, pairing the crafted scale of Milwaukee’s architecture and innovative spirit with the natural beauty of the state.”
Highlights from the renderings include:
ARENA AND DEVELOPMENT DISTRICT AERIAL
- The arena and entertainment live block anchor an ambitious new vision activated by sports, entertainment, residential and office uses.
- Fronting existing Fourth Street and proximate to Old World Third Street, the site connects to the greater Milwaukee community including across the Milwaukee river to the vibrant downtown core.
LIVE BLOCK AND ARENA ENTRY AERIAL
- The arena design evokes Wisconsin’s natural beauty and Milwaukee’s rich heritage of industry and craftsmen, with expressive structure, transparency and fluid forms inspired by the rivers, lakes and forests of the region.
- A diverse material palette includes warmth and color, reflecting the region’s natural beauty. Selectively placed glass and moments of transparency throughout the building open views from within to Milwaukee’s skyline.
VIEW FROM ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT LIVE BLOCK
- The arena arrival experience is augmented by a transparent façade that marks the front door and monumental atrium within.
- The dynamic entertainment live block will serve as both arena forecourt and community living room. This will be the year round destination that draws the people of the region together for unforgettable experiences and a place people will love to gather for generations to come.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Bucks
Most Season Tickets Sold for One Season in Team History
Limited tickets available for fans to see the Bucks in action for the first time at Fiserv Forum
Hat to be part of BMO Harris Bucks Custom Cap Series