Brad Schimel still hasn’t disavowed Trump’s Charlottesville comments
Our state deserves better.
MADISON — This week, we heard Donald Trump embolden white supremacists and neo-Nazis. Politicians from across the spectrum have condemned Trump’s divisive and hateful words, yet Wisconsinites have only heard silence from Attorney General Brad Schimel. Our state deserves better. We should never have to wonder whether or not our elected officials will stand up to a President spewing hate.
“Until Brad Schimel forcefully condemns Donald Trump’s hateful words and holds him accountable, he is supporting Trump’s empowerment of white supremacists that has made Americans across the country feel frightened and disturbed. There are not “many sides” to the violence in Charlottesville. There were not “fine people” marching alongside Klan members and neo-Nazis. Voters deserve to know why Brad Schimel still hasn’t disavowed Trump’s remarks,” said DPW Chair Martha Laning.
More about the Charlottesville Virginia Violence
- Sieger on Songs: Sly Stone vs. the Neo-Nazis - John Sieger - Aug 24th, 2017
- Op Ed: Sensenbrenner Asleep on Charlottesville? - Julie Henszey - Aug 21st, 2017
- APB For AG: Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel Shamefully Silent on Donald Trump’s Coddling of White Supremacists, Nazis - One Wisconsin Now - Aug 18th, 2017
- Brad Schimel still hasn’t disavowed Trump’s Charlottesville comments - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Aug 17th, 2017
- Speaker Vos Statement on Thursday’s Session - Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos - Aug 16th, 2017
- US Rep. Moore Calls for the Removal of Donald Trump as President of the United States - U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore - Aug 15th, 2017
- Jewish Community Calls for United Response Against White Supremacists - Milwaukee Jewish Federation - Aug 15th, 2017
- Rep. Jimmy Anderson Calls on Governor Walker to Forcefully Denounce White Nationalists - State Rep. Jimmy Anderson - Aug 15th, 2017
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Condemn Terrorist Attack in Charlottesville - Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors - Aug 14th, 2017
Recent Press Releases by Democratic Party of Wisconsin
Wisconsin's Republican U.S. Senate candidates are calling for adding guns in classrooms.
The impact of Scott Walker and Betsy DeVos’ crusade against public schools has been devastating for Wisconsin studentsMar 12th, 2018 by Democratic Party of Wisconsin
Democrats have consistently supported public education, a fact that intimidates Walker in his re-election bid
GOP Tax Scam Gifts Big Pharma a Massive Windfall, While Americans Struggle with Skyrocketing Drug CostsFeb 23rd, 2018 by Democratic Party of Wisconsin
The Republican U.S. Senate field has embraced the GOP tax law that hikes taxes on 53% of Americans and spikes health insurance premiums, while gifting billions to Big Pharma special interests