Rep. Jimmy Anderson Calls on Governor Walker to Forcefully Denounce White Nationalists
"I am angry and disappointed with Governor Walker for his response to the events in Charlottesville."
Fitchburg – Rep. Anderson released the following statement about Governor Walker’s tepid response to the terror attack by racists and white nationalists in Charlottesville Virginia over the weekend.
“I am angry and disappointed with Governor Walker for his response to the events in Charlottesville. After white supremacists took the life of a young woman and injured many more in an act of domestic terrorism during their hateful rally, Governor Walker refused to name the groups responsible for this violence. Governor Walker followed Donald Trump’s lead and issued a mealymouthed statement that said nothing about the hateful ideology that caused all this pain.”
“The only way we will begin to defeat these monsters is by forcefully denouncing those who support hate. If you can’t stand up to white supremacists, racists, neo-Nazis, the KKK, and other domestic terrorists, I question your moral fortitude. Even Donald Trump eventually disavowed these white supremacist groups. I’m calling on Governor Walker to grow a backbone and do the same.”
More about the Charlottesville Virginia Violence
- Op Ed: Sensenbrenner Asleep on Charlottesville? - Julie Henszey - Aug 21st, 2017
- APB For AG: Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel Shamefully Silent on Donald Trump’s Coddling of White Supremacists, Nazis - One Wisconsin Now - Aug 18th, 2017
- Brad Schimel still hasn’t disavowed Trump’s Charlottesville comments - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Aug 17th, 2017
- Speaker Vos Statement on Thursday’s Session - Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos - Aug 16th, 2017
- US Rep. Moore Calls for the Removal of Donald Trump as President of the United States - U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore - Aug 15th, 2017
- Jewish Community Calls for United Response Against White Supremacists - Milwaukee Jewish Federation - Aug 15th, 2017
- Rep. Jimmy Anderson Calls on Governor Walker to Forcefully Denounce White Nationalists - State Rep. Jimmy Anderson - Aug 15th, 2017
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Condemn Terrorist Attack in Charlottesville - Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors - Aug 14th, 2017
Recent Press Releases by State Rep. Jimmy Anderson
"Paul Ryan has spent his nearly 20 years in Washington as Corrupt Robin Hood."
"Today is a huge victory for voting rights and democracy."