Speaker Vos Statement on Thursday’s Session
"On Thursday, our actions will speak louder than the ugly words from hate groups."
Madison…Speaker Robin Vos (R-Rochester) released the following statement in reaction to the occurrence in Charlottesville over the weekend and announced the plans for session on Thursday in the state Assembly.
“The best antidote for hate is love. We must stand up against bigotry, racism and any violence associated with it. Every person deserves to be treated with respect.
“During the floor session on Thursday, the Wisconsin State Assembly will take up a resolution condemning the ideology of racial hatred that was witnessed by the world in Charlottesville. We’re also having leaders of five different faiths offer a prayer of unity and reflection before one of the most important votes in Wisconsin history.
“On Thursday, our actions will speak louder than the ugly words from hate groups. We will approve legislation that will give hope to all Wisconsin families by providing a future that’s rich with career opportunities and a strong, healthy economy.”
More about the Charlottesville Virginia Violence
- Op Ed: Sensenbrenner Asleep on Charlottesville? - Julie Henszey - Aug 21st, 2017
- APB For AG: Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel Shamefully Silent on Donald Trump’s Coddling of White Supremacists, Nazis - One Wisconsin Now - Aug 18th, 2017
- Brad Schimel still hasn’t disavowed Trump’s Charlottesville comments - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Aug 17th, 2017
- Speaker Vos Statement on Thursday’s Session - Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos - Aug 16th, 2017
- US Rep. Moore Calls for the Removal of Donald Trump as President of the United States - U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore - Aug 15th, 2017
- Jewish Community Calls for United Response Against White Supremacists - Milwaukee Jewish Federation - Aug 15th, 2017
- Rep. Jimmy Anderson Calls on Governor Walker to Forcefully Denounce White Nationalists - State Rep. Jimmy Anderson - Aug 15th, 2017
- Milwaukee County Supervisors Condemn Terrorist Attack in Charlottesville - Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors - Aug 14th, 2017
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos
“The reforms allow incarcerated youth to have access to the services and rehabilitation they need while in facilities closer to their homes and families.”
Leaders Seek to Ensure Compliance with Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act
"I want to wish him and his family the best in their future."