Bronzeville is bounded by Garfield Avenue to Center Street, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Drive to 7th Street.
- Feb 6th, 2019 by Analise Pruni
- Jan 28th, 2019 by Dominique Paul Noth
- Jan 18th, 2019 by Jeramey Jannene
- Jan 8th, 2019 by Jeramey Jannene
- Dec 28th, 2018 by Jeramey Jannene
- Dec 11th, 2018 by Dominique Paul Noth
Recent Press Releases Referencing Bronzeville
Members of the Milwaukee Turners Turn $4,000 Into a $16,000 Gift to Support America’s Black Holocaust MusuemFeb 20th, 2019 by Milwaukee Turners
The Milwaukee Turners, founded by abolitionists in the 1850s, is the oldest civic organization in Milwaukee and has been deeply committed to social justice since its founding.
“There are so many untold, little known and inspirational stories” said Rev. Jeffrey Powell, the originator of the idea for the commemoration.
Summit to be held at Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary School
Learn More Veterans Affairs Community Resource Referral Center
Proposed three-story medical office and apartment building.
Historic 4th Street School redeveloped into apartments by a partnership of Joshua Jeffers and Melissa Goins.
The former home of Reader's Choice bookstore. Purchased by Melissa Goins' CUPED Corporation in 2017 for redevelopment into a community space for non-profits. Named Kindred Building after science fiction novel by Octavia Butler.
- MLK Drive business district selects a longtime DCD pro as new director - Mar 1st, 2016 - The Milwaukee Business Journal - Sean Ryan
- Growing JCP Construction to buy MLK Drive building for expansion - Jun 9th, 2015 - The Milwaukee Business Journal - Sean Ryan