Aurora Fires Employee That Sabotaged COVID-19 Vaccine Vials
The employee left out over 500 doses intentionally.
An employee responsible for spoiling 500 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine at a Grafton medical center was terminated by Advocate Aurora Health.
The healthcare provider disclosed earlier this week that 57 vials containing more than 500 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine from Moderna were left outside of a refrigerator overnight. The vaccine is required to be stored at near-zero temperatures and then thawed in a refrigerator.
Wednesday evening it released that the vaccines were left out intentionally and that the employee was terminated.
“We immediately launched an internal review and were led to believe this was caused by inadvertent human error,” said the provider in a statement. It said the employee admitted committing the act intentionally. “We have notified appropriate authorities for further investigation.”
Wisconsin is scheduled to receive approximately 16,000 doses of the Moderna vaccine in an initial shipment and a total of 100,000 doses in coming weeks. The state received approximately 85,000 doses in an initial shipment of the Pfizer vaccine, which must be stored at colder temperatures.
The health care provider is not identifying the employee.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court To Take Up Case On Ivermectin - Erik Gunn - Oct 1st, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Sep 30th, 2022
- MKE County: County Drops Mask Rules for Courthouse, Buses - Graham Kilmer - Sep 30th, 2022
- MKE County: Milwaukee At Low Level of COVID-19 - Graham Kilmer - Sep 29th, 2022
- Federally Funded COVID-19 Vaccines Will End. What’s Next? - Graham Kilmer - Sep 27th, 2022
- Stay Healthy this Fall: COVID-19 At-Home Tests and Booster Shots Still Available with No Out-of-Pocket Cost - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 26th, 2022
- Supervisor Coggs-Jones Applauds Expanded Access to Free COVID-19 Self-Tests - Sup. Priscilla E Coggs-Jones - Sep 12th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Sep 9th, 2022
- Milwaukee Health Department Begins Administration of Updated COVID-19 Booster Vaccine to Target Omicron Subvariant - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Sep 9th, 2022
- DHS Encourages Wisconsinites to Make a Plan to Get Boosted Against COVID-19 this Fall - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Sep 7th, 2022
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
- Vaccine Tamperer Gets Three Year Sentence - Rich Kremer - Jun 8th, 2021
- Bill Makes Vaccine Tampering, Destruction a Felony - Laurel White - Apr 29th, 2021
- Vaccine Tampering Pharmacist Pleads Guilty - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 26th, 2021
- Brandenburg Released on $10,000 Bond - Rich Kremer - Jan 4th, 2021
- Pharmacist Arrested For Intentionally Ruining 500 COVID-19 Vaccine Doses - Corri Hess - Dec 31st, 2020
- Aurora Fires Employee That Sabotaged COVID-19 Vaccine Vials - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 30th, 2020
- Nearly 40,000 Doses of Vaccine Administered - Graham Kilmer - Dec 29th, 2020
Read more about Vaccine Tampering Pharmacist here