Komatsu Has New Renderings of Project
The latest look at what's billed as America's largest urban manufacturing project.
Komatsu has released additional renderings to Urban Milwaukee of its proposed campus for what’s been billed as the largest urban manufacturing proposal in the nation.
Komatsu Mining is based in West Milwaukee, but its huge parent company, Komatsu, is based in Tokyo. The industrial conglomerate hopes to relocate its mining division, best known for its P&H brand of mining shovels, to the city site by 2022. The company hopes to have move then 1,000 employees at the site, but intends to start with approximately 600 in 2022, of which about 70 percent are expected to be office employees.
The plans call for a three-story, 176,000-square-foot office building, training center, museum and automation lab as well as a 430,000-square-foot, three-story manufacturing facility.
At the design review hearing, Architect Greg Uhen said the company hopes to begin grading the site in September, with utility work taking place in November. Final building plans would be submitted to the city in December with a formal construction start for March.
The new renderings depict the campus from multiple angles as well as the large P&H mining shovel and Komatsu truck that will be placed along E. Greenfield Ave.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Who Wants To Design Harbor Riverwalk? - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 2nd, 2021
- Transportation: Railroad Expansion in the Harbor District - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 17th, 2021
- Friday Photos: Komatsu Mining Campus Takes Shape - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 6th, 2020
- Friday Photos: Construction Underway on Largest New Urban Manufacturing Plant in US - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 4th, 2020
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Komatsu Has New Renderings of Project - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 24th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: The Cleanup Of Solvay Coke Site - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 24th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Commission Approves Komatsu Design - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 15th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Komatsu Unveils Harbor District Designs - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 10th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Council Okays Largest Urban Manufacturing Deal in U.S. - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 18th, 2018
- Komatsu statement on South Harbor Campus approval - Komatsu Mining Corp - Dec 18th, 2018
Read more about Komatsu South Harbor Campus here