Komatsu Has New Renderings of Project
The latest look at what's billed as America's largest urban manufacturing project.
Komatsu has released additional renderings to Urban Milwaukee of its proposed campus for what’s been billed as the largest urban manufacturing proposal in the nation.
Komatsu Mining is based in West Milwaukee, but its huge parent company, Komatsu, is based in Tokyo. The industrial conglomerate hopes to relocate its mining division, best known for its P&H brand of mining shovels, to the city site by 2022. The company hopes to have move then 1,000 employees at the site, but intends to start with approximately 600 in 2022, of which about 70 percent are expected to be office employees.
The plans call for a three-story, 176,000-square-foot office building, training center, museum and automation lab as well as a 430,000-square-foot, three-story manufacturing facility.
At the design review hearing, Architect Greg Uhen said the company hopes to begin grading the site in September, with utility work taking place in November. Final building plans would be submitted to the city in December with a formal construction start for March.
The new renderings depict the campus from multiple angles as well as the large P&H mining shovel and Komatsu truck that will be placed along E. Greenfield Ave.
If you think stories like this are important, become a member of Urban Milwaukee and help support real, independent journalism. Plus you get some cool added benefits, all detailed here.
More about the Komatsu South Harbor Campus
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Komatsu Has New Renderings of Project - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 24th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: The Cleanup Of Solvay Coke Site - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 24th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Commission Approves Komatsu Design - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 15th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Komatsu Unveils Harbor District Designs - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 10th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Council Okays Largest Urban Manufacturing Deal in U.S. - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 18th, 2018
- Komatsu statement on South Harbor Campus approval - Komatsu Mining Corp - Dec 18th, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Committee Okays $40 Million For Komatsu - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 11th, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Komatsu Deal Includes Commuter Rail Station - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 4th, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: America’s Largest Urban Manufacturing Proposal? - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 3rd, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: City Lands $285 Million Industrial Campus - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 27th, 2018
- Komatsu Mining Corp. to Build $285 Million Headquarters and Manufacturing Facility in Milwaukee - Gov. Scott Walker - Sep 27th, 2018