Governor Evers Budget Prioritizes Real People Living Real Lives
“Last night, attending Governor’s Evers budget address with my 9-year-old daughter, I felt so proud to share with her such a kind and strong message of respect for the needs of real people"
“Last night, attending Governor’s Evers budget address with my 9-year-old daughter, I felt so proud to share with her such a kind and strong message of respect for the needs of real people. We have a Governor listening to what people need and tackling the tough issues long neglected.
“Governor Evers’ plan to expand BadgerCare is one of the most cost-effective ways our state can help families. There are people in every corner of our state that don’t have access to affordable healthcare. Governor Walker and the Republican-led legislature played a callous political game when they refused federal funds available under the ACA to expand BadgerCare. Governor Evers is providing a path where an estimated 83,000 Wisconsinites would gain access to health insurance coverage under BadgerCare.
“From doula reimbursement to infant mortality prevention to revitalizing the well woman program, this is a budget to be excited about. The Wisconsin Alliance for Women’s Health supports Governor Evers strong measures that shift the state focus to proactive solutions to improve the lives of women and girls in Wisconsin”.
- State Budget Fell Short on Highways? - Laurel White - Jul 8th, 2019
- Rep. LaKeshia Myers Supports Governor Evers’ Partial Vetoes - State Rep. LaKeshia Myers - Jul 3rd, 2019
- Statement: Wisconsin’s biennial budget will speed up transition to electric vehicles and improve public transit - WISPIRG Foundation - Jul 3rd, 2019
- Majority Leader Fitzgerald Reacts to Governor Evers Signing the Wisconsin Budget - Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald - Jul 3rd, 2019
- Evers Uses 78 Partial Vetoes on Budget - Laurel White - Jul 3rd, 2019
- Rep. Bowen Statement on Gov. Evers’ Signing of Biennial Budget - State Rep. David Bowen - Jul 3rd, 2019
- Promises Made, Promises Kept: Gov. Evers Signs Wisconsin’s 2019-21 Biennial Budget into Law - Gov. Tony Evers - Jul 3rd, 2019
- Budget Bill The Shortest in Decades - Shawn Johnson - Jun 30th, 2019
- Op Ed: Budget Should Plan For the Future - State Sen. Jennifer Shilling - Jun 29th, 2019
- Majority Leader Fitzgerald Statement on the Passage of the Wisconsin Budget - Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald - Jun 26th, 2019
Read more about 2019-2021 Wisconsin Budget here