Touring The New Bucks Arena
The arena is halfway to completion. Our photos capture the progress.
If construction of the new Milwaukee Bucks Arena was a basketball game, it would be half time right now, at least that’s what the Construction Project Director, Mike Sorge, said.
The $524 million project is expected to be complete by the 2018-2019 basketball season, and a legion of workers is laboring away to make that happen. Friday, when owners and project managers led media through the arena, there were 677 workers on site. It’s expected the project will peak at around 900 workers at some point this summer.
The inside of the arena is still very raw, but the structure of the bowl and the stands is easily identifiable. Right now, crews are working on installing the last of the trusses that comprise the major structural components of the roof. Huge cranes are hoisting workers and materials from the bottom.
Feigin said Gou was consistently “enthralled” by the arena still taking shape.
With the bones of the building largely finished, some of the arena’s prominent features were visible. Such as the main concourse, where Feigin said 70 percent of all the eating, drinking and socializing will take place.
Feigin said, for his part, he’s, “partial to the panorama club.” A bar area with a birds-eye view of the arena. Another interesting feature is the Bucks Campus, a 30,000 square foot area of the arena housing locker rooms, coaching offices and media rooms. It’s about four times the size of the old locker room complex Urban Milwaukee’s Jeramey Jannene noted.
As construction moves out of half time and into the third quarter crews will finish the enclosure of the arena, Sorge said. Then, in the fourth quarter, construction will largely involve adding finishes to the arena and installing many of the systems for the arena.
More about the New Bucks Arena
- Eyes on Milwaukee: City Panel Okays Live Block Shrinkage - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 4th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks’ Live Block Connector Approved - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 21st, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Arena 68% Complete - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 21st, 2017
- Bucks’ Health Clinic Will Soon Open - Graham Kilmer - Nov 9th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Unveil Arena Parking Garage - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 31st, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Arena On Budget, On Schedule - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 5th, 2017
- Friday Photos: Live Block Work Starts in Deer District - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 22nd, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Top Off New Arena - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 24th, 2017
- Photo Gallery: Touring The New Bucks Arena - Graham Kilmer - Aug 1st, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Inside New Bucks Arena - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 6th, 2017
- Friday Photos: The Deer District Rises - Jeramey Jannene - May 12th, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Council Approves Arena, Hammes Design Changes - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 1st, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Committee Okays Two Downtown Designs - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 22nd, 2017
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Unveil New Signs for Arena - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 14th, 2017
- Friday Photos: Arena Rises from Frozen Tundra - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 16th, 2016
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Live Block is a Slam Dunk - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 5th, 2016
- Friday Photos: New Bucks Arena From Above - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 7th, 2016
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Council Okays Streetcar to Bucks Arena - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 6th, 2016
- Friday Photos: Bucks Arena Work Prep - Jeramey Jannene - May 27th, 2016
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Arena Design Approved - Jeramey Jannene - May 17th, 2016
- Eyes on Milwaukee: How Urban is Bucks New Arena? - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 18th, 2016
- Eyes on Milwaukee: New Bucks Arena Approved - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 22nd, 2015
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Arena Winners and Losers - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 17th, 2015
- Murphy’s Law: How Could Walker Refuse Incredible Deal? - Bruce Murphy - Feb 12th, 2015