2014 Riverwest 24
It was a weekend of pedaling, paddling, poor sleep, and participating in Riverwest. Our photos capture the craziness.
Starting at 7 p.m. on Friday 1,000 riders headed north along N. Pierce St. towards checkpoint one, and the 2014 Riverwest 24 was on. This was the seventh Riverwest 24 and it continues to shine a positive light on the neighborhood. Residents volunteer, provide food, sometimes drink, and riders learn the streets, organizations, characters, and quirks that make up Riverwest.
At 7 p.m. on Saturday night one last rider flashed across the finish line and the race was over. Team PANCAKES edged out Bodies w/o organs with 118 total points, notching 73 laps (335 miles), and the maximum 45 bonus points.
My colleague Jeramey Jannene documented the race in a continuously updated post throughout the race.
Our photos capture the fun and community that is the Riverwest 24.
A special thanks goes out to Andy Tillman, Adam Voltz, Mariiana Tzotcheva, Alison Peterson, and Rose Balistreri for providing photos.
- Riverwest 24 Live Blog – Jeramey Jannene – July 26th, 2014
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Riverwest 24 Preview – Jeramey Jannene – July 26th, 2014
- Photo Gallery: 24 Hours of Fun – Dave Reid – July 30th, 2013
- The Great Race – Tracey Pollock – July 25th, 2013
- Press Release: Dear MKE Features Riverwest Cyclist – VISIT Milwaukee – July 24th, 2013
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Riverwest 24 Registration Gets Huge Turnout – Dave Reid – May 3rd, 2013