Summerfest Launches Into Opening Day by Giving Away $325,000 in Tickets to Attendees at 5:00 pm on June 29, 2016
As Part of Opening Ceremonies, Summerfest Hosts a Ticket Giveaway for Patrons
MILWAUKEE (June 23, 2016) – Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. is thanking Summerfest fans in attendance on Opening Day, Wednesday, June 29 at 5:00 pm with a grounds-wide, $325,000 ticket giveaway that will kick-off the 2016 edition of “The World’s Largest Music Festival.”
At 5:00 pm on Opening Day, Summerfest Grounds Crew and Security Staff, dispersed throughout the Summerfest Grounds, will help thank patrons by distributing 25,000 FREE weekday admission tickets ($13 value/ticket or $325,000 in total ticket value). Patrons visiting Henry Maier Festival Park who approach a participating staff member will receive one (1) weekday admission ticket while supplies last.
To signify the start of the ticket giveaway at 5:00 pm, horns will sound and a recorded message will play over the PA system, officially kicking-off Opening Ceremonies. At this time, designated Summerfest employees will hold up their tickets to distribute.
Patrons are invited to attend Opening Ceremonies at 5:00 pm at the Briggs & Stratton Big Backyard with Coors Light and Tap Milwaukee. The festivities will include a welcome from Milwaukee World Festival, Inc. President and CEO, Don Smiley, and local community members to officially open Summerfest 2016 with a special performance by the All-Star SUPERband.
- The popular admission promotion, Johnson Controls “Stomp Out Hunger” Day with FOX 6, will allow all patrons arriving between noon – 3:00 pm who donate three (3) non-perishable food items to receive one (1) FREE weekday admission ticket, valid for the day of the promotion only! Donations will be accepted at the Mid Gate Promotions Booth as well as the North and South Gates. All donations to benefit Hunger Task Force.
- The Summerfest Parade will be marching through the grounds June 29 – July 1, July 5 and July 6 at 3:00 pm. All patrons are encouraged to join in and show off their Summerfest pride!
- Summerfest’s “Wheel in the Sky” will be turnin’ all day, from noon – 11:30 pm, offering patrons remarkable views of Milwaukee in all directions from atop this giant Ferris wheel.
- The opening day Marcus Amphitheater headliner will be Selena Gomez with special guests DNCE and Bahari, and the ground stage headliners include Martin Garrix, Willie Nelson, Fitz and the Tantrums, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts, Dustin Lynch, Weird Al Yankovic and Morris Day and the Time!
- Everyone looks forward, or up in the sky, rather, to the Summerfest Big Bang Fireworks presented by Menards and WISN-TV. Every year the show changes, but it is sure to impress like never before. This annual tradition will light up the sky over Lake Michigan on Opening Night of Summerfest, Wednesday, June 29 at 9:30 pm. Watch WISN 12 at 10:30 pm for a recorded version of this spectacular firework extravaganza! Produced by Bartolotta Fireworks.
- Summerfest wants to hear your favorite festival memory! In partnership with the Milwaukee County Historical Society, Summerfest will prepare to celebrate its 50th in 2017. All patrons are invited to stop in to the Columbia St. Mary’s Cool Down Lounge with Newstalk 1130 and WISN to share their Summerfest story on video and receive a free ticket to the 50th Summerfest in 2017.
Summerfest 2016 will take place June 29 – July 3 and July 5 – July 10 from noon until midnight and will be closed Monday, July 4. Following its 1968 debut, Summerfest has evolved into what is now recognized as “The World’s Largest Music Festival” and Milwaukee’s cornerstone summer celebration, bringing the music industry’s hottest stars, emerging talent and local favorites along with approximately 850,000 people from Milwaukee and around the world together each year for an unforgettable live music experience. During the festival, the spotlight shines on over 800 acts, over 1,000 performances, 11 stages, delectable food and beverages and interactive activities, all in a world-class festival setting. Patrons can also enjoy Miller Lite, the Official Beer of Summerfest. For more details, visit Summerfest.com, Facebook.com/summerfest or Twitter: @Summerfest or download the 2016 Summerfest App.
Press Releases by Summerfest
Improvements will be completed for 2017 Festival Season and 50th Edition of Summerfest
Twelve Area Schools and Non-profit Organizations Will Receive Grants Totalling $25,000 for Music Education
A FREE Music Event to be Held on August 7, 2016
Festival Kicks off Year of Celebration Offering FREE Tickets to 2017 Event