Department of Public Works Services For the July 4-7, 2013 Holiday Day Weekend
City of Milwaukee government offices will be closed on Thursday, July 4th to celebrate Independence Day, and again on Friday, July 5th for a mandatory furlough day. However, some Department of Public Works (DPW) services will be available for limited hours of operation and certain parking restrictions will be lifted.
Garbage, Recycling, and Self-Help Centers:
- There will be no garbage and recycling pick-up on July 4th & 5th
- Self-Help Centers will be open on Saturday, July 6th & Sunday, July 7th from 7:00 a.m.to 3:00 p.m.
- No parking meter enforcement on Thursday, July 4th
- No night parking enforcement on Thursday, July 4th from 2:00-6:00 a.m. and on Friday, July 5th from 2:00-6:00 a.m.
- No night parking permission required overnight from July 3-4 and July 4-5
Tow Lot will be open:
- Thursday, July 4th – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Friday, July 5th – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 6th – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- 24-hour drinking water service and Emergency Control Center – 286-3710
- Pay your Municipal Services Bill online at www.city.milwaukee.gov/water
Bridge Openings & Closings:
In addition, residents should call 414.286-CITY (2489) for other requests. For more information on DPW services, go to www.city.milwaukee.gov/mpw.
Press Releases Referencing City of Milwaukee
Dec 18th, 2015 by City of Milwaukee
Residents may buy their 2016 annual or 4-month and first trimester permits now
Nov 25th, 2015 by City of Milwaukee
Items Collected to Support Local Veterans and Families
Oct 27th, 2015 by City of Milwaukee
Water, Year-Round Activity Featured Among Ideas
Milwaukee’s Lakefront Gateway Plaza National Competition Culminates with the Selection of a Design TeamOct 26th, 2015 by City of Milwaukee
Announcement Tuesday Advances Important Downtown Project
Aug 10th, 2015 by City of Milwaukee
News release from City Clerk Jim Owczarski
City of Milwaukee to Host A Public Information Meeting For Proposed New Bublr Bike Sharing Station LocationsJul 14th, 2015 by City of Milwaukee
Meeting will showcase locations of upcoming Bublr Bikes stations.