Department of Public Works Services For the July 4-7, 2013 Holiday Day Weekend
City of Milwaukee government offices will be closed on Thursday, July 4th to celebrate Independence Day, and again on Friday, July 5th for a mandatory furlough day. However, some Department of Public Works (DPW) services will be available for limited hours of operation and certain parking restrictions will be lifted.
Garbage, Recycling, and Self-Help Centers:
- There will be no garbage and recycling pick-up on July 4th & 5th
- Self-Help Centers will be open on Saturday, July 6th & Sunday, July 7th from 7:00 a.m.to 3:00 p.m.
- No parking meter enforcement on Thursday, July 4th
- No night parking enforcement on Thursday, July 4th from 2:00-6:00 a.m. and on Friday, July 5th from 2:00-6:00 a.m.
- No night parking permission required overnight from July 3-4 and July 4-5
Tow Lot will be open:
- Thursday, July 4th – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Friday, July 5th – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 6th – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- 24-hour drinking water service and Emergency Control Center – 286-3710
- Pay your Municipal Services Bill online at www.city.milwaukee.gov/water
Bridge Openings & Closings:
In addition, residents should call 414.286-CITY (2489) for other requests. For more information on DPW services, go to www.city.milwaukee.gov/mpw.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee
Up to 100 Tax-Foreclosed Homes Will Be Renovated in the Greater Sherman Park Area and Up to 100 Unemployed or Underemployed People will Get a Job.
Land Provides a Buffer between Port and a Residential Neighborhood
Top Local Additions to the Built Environment Will Be Honored