Department of Public Works Services For the July 4-7, 2013 Holiday Day Weekend
City of Milwaukee government offices will be closed on Thursday, July 4th to celebrate Independence Day, and again on Friday, July 5th for a mandatory furlough day. However, some Department of Public Works (DPW) services will be available for limited hours of operation and certain parking restrictions will be lifted.
Garbage, Recycling, and Self-Help Centers:
- There will be no garbage and recycling pick-up on July 4th & 5th
- Self-Help Centers will be open on Saturday, July 6th & Sunday, July 7th from 7:00 a.m.to 3:00 p.m.
- No parking meter enforcement on Thursday, July 4th
- No night parking enforcement on Thursday, July 4th from 2:00-6:00 a.m. and on Friday, July 5th from 2:00-6:00 a.m.
- No night parking permission required overnight from July 3-4 and July 4-5
Tow Lot will be open:
- Thursday, July 4th – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
- Friday, July 5th – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 6th – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Milwaukee Water Works:
- 24-hour drinking water service and Emergency Control Center – 286-3710
- Pay your Municipal Services Bill online at www.city.milwaukee.gov/water
Bridge Openings & Closings:
- Go to www.city.milwaukee.gov/mpw for July 3rd fireworks and Summerfest information
In addition, residents should call 414.286-CITY (2489) for other requests. For more information on DPW services, go to www.city.milwaukee.gov/mpw.
Press Releases Referencing City of Milwaukee
Aug 10th, 2015 by City of Milwaukee
News release from City Clerk Jim Owczarski
City of Milwaukee to Host A Public Information Meeting For Proposed New Bublr Bike Sharing Station LocationsJul 14th, 2015 by City of Milwaukee
Meeting will showcase locations of upcoming Bublr Bikes stations.
Jun 23rd, 2015 by City of Milwaukee
The Department of Public Works (DPW) will pick up storm-related debris such as downed branches and tree limbs in excess of the 2-cubic yard maximum per household free of charge
May 4th, 2015 by City of Milwaukee
Therefore, effective May 3, 2015, the City of Milwaukee will no longer accept, process, or issue licenses for the operation of network vehicles or drivers.
Apr 10th, 2015 by City of Milwaukee
Citywide clean-up effort runs April 13-June 1, 2015
Mar 13th, 2015 by City of Milwaukee
Building on the momentum generated by activity in neighboring Walker’s Point and the Menomonee Valley, the Department of City Development, Alderman Jose Perez and the Walker Square Neighborhood Association are working with residents, business owners and other neighborhood stakeholders to develop a neighborhood Action Plan for Walker Square.