City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works Calls for a Full-Scale Plowing Operation
Most garbage and recycling collections suspended until Saturday, January 10
The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works (DPW) has called for a full-scale plowing operation for Friday, January 9, 2015.
What this means:
- 250 salt trucks and plows on City streets
- Plows have been mounted to City garbage trucks to help with snow removal
- Most garbage and recycling collections have been suspended for today, except for automated routes
- Sanitation crews will work on Saturday, January 10 to make up for suspended collections today
- If carts are at the curb already, residents can leave them there for pick-up tomorrow
- Residents are reminded to shovel out their carts – at curb and alley pick-up locations – to help ensure that there are no disruptions with garbage and recycling collection service delivery. Christmas trees should be placed at your curb or alley collection point for pick-up. Residents can also recycle their old trees by taking them to a City Self-Help Center.
City residents are encouraged to check online for their next scheduled garbage and recycling pick-ups at http://mpw.milwaukee.gov/services/garbage_day. In addition, residents can call 414.286-CITY (-2489) for collection information.
Go to www.city.milwaukee.gov/mpw for more information on all DPW services, including the Self-Help Centers.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee
Up to 100 Tax-Foreclosed Homes Will Be Renovated in the Greater Sherman Park Area and Up to 100 Unemployed or Underemployed People will Get a Job.
Land Provides a Buffer between Port and a Residential Neighborhood
Top Local Additions to the Built Environment Will Be Honored