Wisconsin National Guard concludes Wauwatosa support mission
MADISON, Wis. — The Wisconsin National Guard concluded its mission to support civil authorities in Wauwatosa October 12 after several days of helping preserve public safety in the city.
Wisconsin National Guard troops mobilized last week after local authorities in Wauwatosa requested the Guard’s assistance in advance of a charging decision in the case of an officer-involved shooting that occurred in Wauwatosa in February.
“Our Citizen Soldiers and Airmen have repeatedly answered the call in 2020 to help their fellow citizens in times of need, whether that’s been at COVID-19 testing sites, deploying overseas, or helping maintain public safety in Wisconsin’s communities,” Maj. Gen. Paul Knapp, Wisconsin’s Adjutant General, said. “We’re your neighbors, friends, and co-workers who live, work, and raise our families in these same Wisconsin communities, and our troops wear the uniform because they care deeply about our communities, our state, and our country.”
The Wisconsin National Guard remains ready and committed to assisting in Wauwatosa or any other community if future needs arise and local authorities request the Guard’s assistance.
- ACLU Calls for National Search for Tosa Police Chief - Isiah Holmes - Feb 23rd, 2021
- Waukesha Faith Group Questions Mensah Hiring - Isiah Holmes - Feb 18th, 2021
- Rep. Bowen Statement on One-Year Anniversary of the Killing of Alvin Cole - State Rep. David Bowen - Feb 2nd, 2021
- About Those Phones Taken By Tosa Police - Isiah Holmes - Feb 1st, 2021
- ACLU Blasts Waukesha Sheriff on Mensah Hiring - Isiah Holmes - Jan 27th, 2021
- Mensah Now a Waukesha Sheriff’s Deputy - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 26th, 2021
- Statement from the Waukesha County Sheriff’s Office on Joseph Mensah Hiring - Waukesha County Sheriff's Office - Jan 26th, 2021
- Wauwatosa Police Created ‘Protester List’ - Isiah Holmes - Jan 20th, 2021
- Op Ed: How We’ve Handled the Tosa Protests - Wauwatosa Mayor Dennis McBride - Dec 5th, 2020
- Tosa Police Found ‘Significant Training Issues’ in Shooting by Mensah - Isiah Holmes - Dec 1st, 2020
Read more about Case of Officer Joseph Mensah here