Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center to Launch Sustainability Program
New world-class arena will not offer plastic straws
MILWAUKEE (June 5, 2018) – The upcoming world-class Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center (WESC), in conjunction with renowned food and beverage provider Levy, will not offer plastic straws at events and will use compostable food packaging as part of its sustainability program. The state-of-the-art new venue, which will be the home of the Milwaukee Bucks, will open in the fall of 2018.
“We are committed to protecting our environment by enacting eco-friendly initiatives at our world-class arena,” said Raj Saha, General Manager of WESC. “We will unveil our full sustainability plan as we get closer to opening the new venue, but we are proud to make our initial announcement on World Environment Day.”
About the Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center
Scheduled to open in the fall of 2018, the Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center (WESC) will be a preeminent sports and entertainment arena in downtown Milwaukee. Designed by Populous, Eppstein Uhen Architects and HNTB, the venue will offer incomparable sightlines, customer service and amenities. WESC will include 17,500 seats for basketball and up to 18,000 for concerts, and will offer 34 luxury suites and three clubs. The new venue will host a diverse schedule of events, including major concerts, family shows, the Milwaukee Bucks, Marquette men’s basketball, and other sports and entertainment.
Founding Partners for the WESC include BMO Harris Bank, Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin, Johnson Controls and Miller Brewing Company, with more to be announced, along with a naming rights partner.
The Construction Manager of the venue is Mortenson Construction and the Project Manager/Owner’s Representative is CAA ICON.
For more information on the WESC, please visit www.wisconsinesc.com.
- Op Ed: County Parks Lost Funding to Bucks Arena - Patricia Jursik - Jul 7th, 2020
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Fiserv Forum Workers to Get $15/Hour - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 29th, 2020
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Beat Hiring Targets on Fiserv Forum - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 20th, 2019
- Murphy’s Law: Taxpayers Make Bucks, Brewers Rich - Bruce Murphy - Apr 16th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Unveil Master Plan for Park East - Jeramey Jannene - Mar 15th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Plan Massive Arena Signs - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 12th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks’ New Bar Is “The MECCA” - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 7th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Bucks Planning Sports Bar for Live Block - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 24th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Inside Good City Brewing’s New Taproom - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 23rd, 2019
- Good City Brewing Opens At Fiserv Forum - Jennifer Rick - Jan 22nd, 2019
Read more about New Bucks Arena here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center
The Killers to Perform Grand Opening Concert at Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center on Sept. 4Jul 26th, 2018 by Wisconsin Entertainment and Sports Center
Global superstar rock band, along with Milwaukee natives Violent Femmes, will open new world-class arena
Award-winning “eatertainment” concept coming to Entertainment Block in early 2019
Venue to redefine sports and entertainment culinary experience with focus on local products, services and talent