The Hop Announces Holiday Hours for Christmas and New Year’s
Extended service to be offered New Year’s Eve with vehicles operating until 2 a.m.
Milwaukee – The streetcar is open for the holidays this year, as The Hop, presented by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, will be operating every day this holiday season including Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. The streetcar will also feature extended hours on New Year’s Eve, with vehicles operating until 2 a.m. to accommodate riders celebrating at the countless great bars and restaurants along the route.
The complete schedule for the upcoming holidays is as follows:
Monday, Dec. 24 – Normal weekday service (5 a.m. – midnight)
Tuesday, Dec. 25 – Sunday schedule in effect (7 a.m. – 10 p.m.)
Monday, Dec. 31 – Extended weekday service (5 a.m. – 2 a.m.)
Tuesday, Jan. 1 – Sunday schedule in effect (7 a.m. – 10 p.m.)
To learn more about The Hop, including schedules of operations and tips for safely sharing our city’s roadways, visit www.thehopmke.com. To receive real-time information regarding streetcar service, including alerts regarding service interruptions or changes in the operating schedule, please follow @HopAlerts on Twitter.
For more project details, including the project timeline, financing, route and possible extensions, see our extensive past coverage.
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Is A Couture Deal Finally Coming? - Jeramey Jannene - May 13th, 2020
- Transportation: SUV Driver Runs Into The Hop - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 28th, 2020
- Transportation: Streetcar Kiosks Could Bring In $500,000 Annually - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 20th, 2020
- Thanks A Million, Hop Riders! - The Hop - Feb 19th, 2020
- Transportation: We Energies Will Sponsor Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 10th, 2020
- Transportation: Streetcar Ridership Up in January Versus 2019 - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 7th, 2020
- Transportation: Streetcar Ridership Up in December - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 14th, 2020
- Transportation: Ridership Falls for The Hop - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 16th, 2019
- Transportation: The “Holiday Hop” Streetcar Debuts - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 21st, 2019
- No money for police, lead hazard issues or infrastructure, but let’s pump up the streetcar we can’t afford - Ald. Tony Zielinski - Nov 1st, 2019
Read more about Milwaukee Streetcar here