Thanks A Million, Hop Riders!
The streetcar to celebrate its 1,000,000th rider this week by handing out $1,000,000 worth of discounts to businesses along the route
Milwaukee – The Hop, presented by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, will eclipse a major milestone this week when the streetcar welcomes it’s 1,000,000th rider on board. To celebrate, The Hop has partnered with a variety of downtown businesses on or near the route to produce a run of “Thanks A Million” coupon books, which collectively contain over $1,000,000 worth of deals. The free coupon books will be distributed to Hop riders beginning this Friday when the milestone is projected to be reached and will continue while supplies last.
“It’s incredible that we reached this historic milestone in such a short period of time, and a true testament to how Milwaukee residents and visitors have quickly embraced the streetcar as a viable and valuable transit option creating a more connected city,” Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett said. “These coupon books are our way of saying ‘thank you!’ to the riders who have made the system so successful and a great way for us to strengthen our partnerships with many of the great businesses along the route that contribute to the vibrancy of our city.”
Beginning at noon on Friday, Public Service Ambassadors from Milwaukee Downtown BID #21 will be on the streetcars during peak times to distribute the free “Thanks A Million” coupon books. There will be 5,000 books available, each containing over $200 in value at participating downtown businesses.
Hop partners supporting the “Thanks A Million” coupon book include:
Brew City Brand
Eleven Pilates Studio
Geromove Physical Therapy
Oak & Shield Gaming Pub
The Spice House
Urban Milwaukee: The Store
The Wicked Hop
For more information on The Hop, visit www.thehopmke.com.
For more project details, including the project timeline, financing, route and possible extensions, see our extensive past coverage.
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Is A Couture Deal Finally Coming? - Jeramey Jannene - May 13th, 2020
- Transportation: SUV Driver Runs Into The Hop - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 28th, 2020
- Transportation: Streetcar Kiosks Could Bring In $500,000 Annually - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 20th, 2020
- Thanks A Million, Hop Riders! - The Hop - Feb 19th, 2020
- Transportation: We Energies Will Sponsor Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 10th, 2020
- Transportation: Streetcar Ridership Up in January Versus 2019 - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 7th, 2020
- Transportation: Streetcar Ridership Up in December - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 14th, 2020
- Transportation: Ridership Falls for The Hop - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 16th, 2019
- Transportation: The “Holiday Hop” Streetcar Debuts - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 21st, 2019
- No money for police, lead hazard issues or infrastructure, but let’s pump up the streetcar we can’t afford - Ald. Tony Zielinski - Nov 1st, 2019
Read more about Milwaukee Streetcar here