Suspect arrested for pointing and aiming a long gun at protesters
On Monday, September 14, 2020, at approximately 4:25 p.m., Milwaukee Police responded to a residence located on the 3400 block of N. 80th Street regarding a trouble with subject call for service. The suspect threatened to physically harm the victim (who is his neighbor) while wielding a chainsaw, causing the victim to fear for their safety. The suspect, a 56-year-old man from Milwaukee, was arrested for disorderly conduct while armed.
On Tuesday, September 15, 2020, at approximately 5:21 p.m., officers were dispatched to a demonstration at the same location where several individuals protested outside the suspect’s residence.
Officers made contact with the suspect and observed that he appeared to be intoxicated. He was subsequently arrested for endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon while under the influence of an intoxicant, disorderly conduct while armed and bail jumping.
Criminal charges will be referred to the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office in the upcoming days.
The Milwaukee Police Department continues to support the rights of those who choose to peacefully protest.
- MKE County: Supervisors Want Chokehold Ban Codified - Graham Kilmer - Sep 17th, 2020
- Suspect arrested for pointing and aiming a long gun at protesters - Milwaukee Police Department - Sep 16th, 2020
- Policing Protests Is More Than ‘Law and Order’ - Henry Redman - Sep 16th, 2020
- Protest Day 108: BLM March Goes to East Side, Shorewood - Ethan Duran - Sep 14th, 2020
- Officer Accused Of Reckless Homicide Resigns - Corri Hess - Sep 9th, 2020
- Task Force Seeks Bipartisan Policing Reform - Laurel White - Sep 8th, 2020
- Op Ed: No Equality Without Specific Solutions - John Torinus - Sep 6th, 2020
- Op Ed: Kenosha Is Charlottesville - U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore - Aug 31st, 2020
- Justice Can’t Wait: Representative Subeck Decries Republican Delays to Justice Reform Package - State Rep. Lisa Subeck - Aug 31st, 2020
- GOP Legislators Skip Special Session on Police - Laurel White - Aug 31st, 2020
Read more about 2020 Racial Justice Protests here