Statement Regarding Governor Walker’s Phone Call with U.S. Department of Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross
"Governor Walker will continue to work with these and other Wisconsin companies to get relief from the negative impacts of the tariffs," said Press Secretary Amy Hasenberg.
MADISON – Governor Scott Walker spoke with U.S. Department of Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross yesterday regarding President Trump‘s steel and aluminum tariffs. Press Secretary Amy Hasenberg released the following statement regarding the call:
“Governor Walker had a good conversation with Secretary Ross on Thursday about the tariffs on steel and aluminum. Secretary Ross told Governor Walker that while the President was announcing the overall tariffs, the Department of Commerce will still retain the ability to grant exemptions for things like Bemis’ concerns over the supply of ultra-thin aluminum and Seneca’s concerns over the supply of tinplate steel. Governor Walker will continue to work with these and other Wisconsin companies to get relief from the negative impacts of the tariffs.”
More about the Trump Tariffs
- Trump Tariffs Hurt Milwaukee Port - Danielle Kaeding - Sep 4th, 2018
- Harley Riders Oppose Boycott of Company - Laurel White - Sep 3rd, 2018
- Answer the Question, Scott Walker - One Wisconsin Now - Aug 13th, 2018
- Trump’s Aid to Farms Gets Mixed Reviews - Rich Kremer - Jul 26th, 2018
- Voters Unhappy About Tariffs, State Roads - Chuck Quirmbach - Jul 19th, 2018
- Businesses Complain About Trump Tariffs to Johnson - Chuck Quirmbach - Jul 17th, 2018
- Canada’s Tariffs Target Wisconsin - Scott Gordon - Jul 16th, 2018
- Data Wonk: How Trump Threatens State’s Exports - Bruce Thompson - Jul 5th, 2018
- Walker Avoids Harley Issue at Parades - Chuck Quirmbach - Jul 5th, 2018
- Campaign Cash: Harley Gave Generously to Republicans - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Jun 26th, 2018
- Harley-Davidson Job Losses: Walker Owns This - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Jun 26th, 2018
- Scott Walker Flies While Harley Davidson Flees - One Wisconsin Now - Jun 26th, 2018
- Op Ed: Trump Dead Wrong on Canadian Trade - John Torinus - Jun 21st, 2018
- Op Ed: Trump’s Tariffs Hurt Wisconsin Economy - John Torinus - Jun 11th, 2018
- Trump Tariffs Threaten State’s Exports - Steven Deller, Tessa Conroy and Matthew Kures - May 13th, 2018
- Op Ed: Trump Tariffs Will Harm Trump Country - John Torinus - Mar 14th, 2018
- Statement Regarding Governor Walker’s Phone Call with U.S. Department of Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross - Gov. Scott Walker - Mar 9th, 2018
- Op Ed: Ryan Finally Stands Up to Trump - Gregory Humphrey - Mar 8th, 2018
- Governor Walker Visits Wisconsin Employers in Oshkosh, Janesville that Have Expressed Concern with President Trump’s Proposed Tariffs on Steel and Aluminum - Gov. Scott Walker - Mar 6th, 2018
- Governor Walker Releases Statement on the Trump Administration’s Proposed Steel and Aluminum Tariffs - Gov. Scott Walker - Mar 2nd, 2018
- Norquist: Trump Tariffs Will Hurt State Workers - John Norquist - Feb 2nd, 2017
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Walker Highlights Eight Years of Reform at the 8th Annual Governor’s Small Business Summit in PewaukeeDec 11th, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
The summit brings together leaders from across Wisconsin to discuss the challenges faced by small businesses.
Governor Walker Orders Flags to Half-Staff Honoring Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, U.S. Navy Seaman 1st Class William BruesewitzDec 7th, 2018 by Gov. Scott Walker
Bruesewitz will be buried with full military honors in Arlington National Cemetery on Friday, December 7, 2018.
"Tristan Eagon is a respected community leader who has distinguished herself in her career as a state public defender and civil litigator."