Statement Regarding Governor Walker’s Phone Call with U.S. Department of Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross
"Governor Walker will continue to work with these and other Wisconsin companies to get relief from the negative impacts of the tariffs," said Press Secretary Amy Hasenberg.
MADISON – Governor Scott Walker spoke with U.S. Department of Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross yesterday regarding President Trump‘s steel and aluminum tariffs. Press Secretary Amy Hasenberg released the following statement regarding the call:
“Governor Walker had a good conversation with Secretary Ross on Thursday about the tariffs on steel and aluminum. Secretary Ross told Governor Walker that while the President was announcing the overall tariffs, the Department of Commerce will still retain the ability to grant exemptions for things like Bemis’ concerns over the supply of ultra-thin aluminum and Seneca’s concerns over the supply of tinplate steel. Governor Walker will continue to work with these and other Wisconsin companies to get relief from the negative impacts of the tariffs.”
- Murphy’s Law: Trump Tariffs Slam Wisconsin Economy - Bruce Murphy - Jun 29th, 2020
- Baldwin Calling on Trump Administration to Take Action and Support Wisconsin Hardwood Businesses Hurt by Trade War - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Feb 25th, 2020
- Trade War Wounds May Heal Soon - Erik Gunn - Feb 21st, 2020
- How China Trade Agreement Impacts Wisconsin Farmers - Miranda Suarez - Jan 16th, 2020
- Trump Tariffs Have Cost State $800 Million - Miranda Suarez - Dec 10th, 2019
- U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin Seeks Investigation into Possible Market Manipulation Regarding Market Bets Timed to Trump’s Comments on Trade War & Other Geopolitical Events - U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin - Oct 21st, 2019
- Port Milwaukee Shipping Up in 2019 - Danielle Kaeding - Oct 21st, 2019
- Stuck to Gallagher: Does Your Party Care About Small Business? - State Rep. Amanda Stuck - Oct 10th, 2019
- Evers Blasts Trump “Tweet” Trade Wars - Erik Gunn - Sep 16th, 2019
- Donald Trump’s Administration Laughs in the Face of Struggling Farmers - Democratic Party of Wisconsin - Aug 13th, 2019
Read more about Trump Tariffs here
Recent Press Releases by Gov. Scott Walker
Governor Scott Walker ordered flags to half-staff on Saturday, April 14, 2018.
Governor Walker Orders Flags to Half-Staff as a Mark of Respect for Captain Christopher Truman of the Lake Mills Fire DepartmentJan 3rd, 2019 by Gov. Scott Walker
Captain Truman died on December 31, 2018, while selflessly assisting a driver of a crashed vehicle on Highway 12 near the Yahara River Bridge in Monona, Wisconsin.
Governor Scott Walker today appointed Attorney Scott J. Nordstrand to serve as a judge on the St. Croix County Circuit Court and Attorney David Meany to the position of Ashland County District Attorney.