Senate Strikes Job-Creating Gold with Final Passage of Mining for America Act
Measure Backed by AFP-WI Clears Senate, Heads to Governor Walker’s Desk
MADISON, WI – Americans for Prosperity – Wisconsin commended the Senate today for passing AB 499, the Mining for America Act, sending the legislation to Governor Scott Walker’s desk for his signature. The legislation repeals the longstanding moratorium on mining while modernizing outdated regulations that will create good-paying jobs in Northern Wisconsin. AFP-WI’s base of over 130,000 activists had been engaged in an aggressive, long-term grassroots outreach campaign to encourage legislators to support the legislation.
Americans for Prosperity-Wisconsin State Director Eric Bott made the following statement:
“AFP-WI activists know how important passage of this legislation is to the economy of Northern Wisconsin and worked extremely hard to encourage Madison to get this over the finish line before the end of the year. We are pleased that lawmakers seized this opportunity to halt the population decline for the North and close the unemployment gap between urban and rural Wisconsin. The Mining for America Act will bring back good-paying, blue-collar jobs to these communities and revitalize our once-vibrant mining industry. Northern Wisconsinites will once again be allowed to safely and responsibly develop their rich natural resources and reap the economic rewards of their labor.”
Americans for Prosperity (AFP) exists to recruit, educate, and mobilize citizens in support of the policies and goals of a free society at the local, state, and federal level, helping every American live their dream – especially the least fortunate. AFP has more than 3.2 million activists across the nation, a local infrastructure that includes 36 state chapters, and has received financial support from more than 100,000 Americans in all 50 states. For more information, visit www.AmericansForProsperity.org
More about the Senate Bill 395
- Governor Gives Corporate Mining Polluters an Early Gift - Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters - Dec 11th, 2017
- Governor Walker Signs “Mining for America” Bill into Law in Rhinelander - Gov. Scott Walker - Dec 11th, 2017
- Campaign Cash: New GOP Pro-Mining Group Ran Attack Ads - Wisconsin Democracy Campaign - Nov 10th, 2017
- Senate Strikes Job-Creating Gold with Final Passage of Mining for America Act - AFP Wisconsin - Nov 7th, 2017
- Rep. Brostoff Condemns the Sulfide Mining Bill - State Rep. Jonathan Brostoff - Nov 7th, 2017
- Their Trick is No Treat for Wisconsin’s Natural Resources - Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters - Oct 31st, 2017
- Sportsmen and Elected Leaders Speak Out Against Sulfide Mining Bill - Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters - Oct 13th, 2017
- Op Ed: What Happened to Wisconsin? - State Sen. Mark Miller - Oct 12th, 2017
- Mining Bill is a Disaster that No Amendment Can Fix - Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters - Oct 3rd, 2017
- Op Ed: Flambeau Mine Was Bad For State - Raj Shukla - Sep 23rd, 2017
- Op Ed: Mining Hearing Gets Ugly - Al Gedicks - Sep 21st, 2017
- Corporate Mining Handout Overwhelmingly Unpopular - Wisconsin League of Conservation Voters - Sep 21st, 2017
Recent Press Releases by AFP Wisconsin
"Americans for Prosperity encourages the legislature to work with Governor-elect Evers to address this mounting due process crisis in 2019."
"The public overwhelmingly embraces the craft beverage industry and innovative event venue options like wedding barns."
"Taxpayer handouts to corporations are not the solution for providing Wisconsin with a pro-growth business environment that benefits all businesses."