Public Safety and Health Committee to hear file regarding MFD workplace incident
At tomorrow’s meeting of the Public Safety and Health Committee on Tuesday, September 15th, the committee will hear file #200346 – Communication from the Milwaukee Fire Department (MFD) relating to recent allegations of workplace racial harassment as well as its policies and procedures for investigating and responding to incidents of this type. The file is sponsored by Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs and co-sponsored by Alderman Russell W. Stamper, II.
Alderman Stamper shares the sentiment. “When incidents of this nature occur it is vital we have a transparent conversation about what happened, and what can be done to prevent them in the future. I hope this file can help shed light on the internal processes and procedures to make sure all employees are treated fairly and with dignity,” said Alderman Stamper.
The Public Safety and Health Committee meeting will begin at 1:30 p.m. and be televised live on the City Channel (channel 25 on Spectrum Cable and channel 99 on AT&T U-Verse in the City of Milwaukee) and via streaming video on the city website at city.milwaukee.gov/Channel25.
- Actions must speak louder than words - Ald. Russell Stamper, II - Sep 16th, 2020
- Firefighter Who Hung Black Doll Not Racist? - Corri Hess - Sep 16th, 2020
- Public Safety and Health Committee to hear file regarding MFD workplace incident - Ald. Milele Coggs - Sep 14th, 2020
- Communication file introduced to seek answers regarding MFD incident - Ald. Milele Coggs - Jun 30th, 2020
- Fire Department Investigating Brown Figure Hanging in “Looped Ribbon” - Jeramey Jannene - Jun 28th, 2020
Read more about Fire Department Figure Incident here