Open house Tuesday on joint stormwater project under I-794
Meeting to also explore long-term vision of site
As part of the effort to reduce runoff entering local waterways from the I-794 freeway, a public meeting will take place Tuesday, November 26, from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. The meeting will be an open house format at the Milwaukee Public Market (upstairs). Parking in the market’s lot will be free for participants; validation will be provided at the meeting.
The City of Milwaukee, Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) and Wisconsin Department of Transportation are collaborating on this green infrastructure project under the freeway west of 6th Street between West Clybourn and West St. Paul avenues. The City is looking to advance this project as a part of funding the City receives through the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) Green Solutions Program.
This green initiative will also consider future options to improve the space with better connectivity, visibility and community amenities.
Attendance and comments from the public are welcome and appreciated.
More about the Tent City
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Will Tent City Come Back? - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 4th, 2019
- City Creating Green Project Under I-794 - Graham Kilmer - Nov 27th, 2019
- Open house Tuesday on joint stormwater project under I-794 - City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works - Nov 22nd, 2019
- How You Can Help the Homeless - Bridget Fogarty - Nov 21st, 2019
- Tent City Homeless Evicted By State - Alana Watson - Nov 21st, 2019
- MKE County: Officials Relocating Tent City Residents - Graham Kilmer - Oct 28th, 2019
- Plats and Parcels: Tent City Being Evicted - Jeramey Jannene - Oct 6th, 2019
- Op Ed: Tent City A Result of Public Policy - Joseph Volk - Aug 6th, 2019
- In Public: Homeless Tent City Is a Democracy - Tom Bamberger - Aug 2nd, 2019
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by City of Milwaukee Dept. of Public Works
Doors Open is a celebration of Milwaukee’s art, architecture, culture and history with more than 170 buildings providing free access on Saturday, September 28 and Sunday, September 29.
Possibility of suspending pilot in near future, pending scooter user behavior
This extension is for those streets that are posted with signs No Parking Dec 1- Mar 1.