MPD makes arrest in connection to civil unrest that occurred on the 2100 block of North 40th Street
On Monday, June 29, 2020, the Milwaukee Police Department arrested a community activist for a felony charge slated to his alleged involvement in criminal activity that occurred on Tuesday, June 23, 2020, on the 2100 block of North 40th Street. Per MPD Standard Operating Procedures, inquiries regarding arrested adults shall be referred to the Central Booking Division or district arrest blotters. Criminal charges will be presented to the Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office in the upcoming days.
On Monday, June 22, 2020 and on Tuesday, June 23, 2020, Milwaukee Police searched a residence on the 2100 block of North 40th Street multiple times in search of two missing teenage females. The teenagers were not located at the residence.
Once the teenagers were located, they were interviewed by MPD members. Both teenagers denied going to or being at the residence and denied meeting or knowing anyone who lived at that residence. No information has been provided to MPD to suggest that the teenagers were at the residence that was set on fire or that any foul play occurred at that location.
As a result of the civil unrest that took place during that incident, several individuals in the crowd were responsible for shots fired, three non-fatal shootings, and arson to a multi-family residence along with other criminal activity. Several arrests have been made in connection to these incidents; however, Milwaukee Police continue to seek multiple suspects.
If anyone has any information regarding this incident please call Milwaukee Police at 414-935-7360, or to receive a cash reward please call Milwaukee Crime Stoppers at 414-224-TIPS.
- MPD Defends Tear Gas Use In New Video - Jeramey Jannene - Aug 5th, 2020
- Milwaukee Man Indicted for Arson Causing Injury to a Firefighter at 40th & Lloyd Incident - U.S. Department of Justice - Jul 28th, 2020
- Vaun Mayes Released From Jail - Graham Kilmer - Jun 30th, 2020
- Frank Nitty Leads a Free Vaun Mayes Sit In at Courthouse - Urban Milwaukee - Jun 30th, 2020
- MPD makes arrest in connection to civil unrest that occurred on the 2100 block of North 40th Street - Milwaukee Police Department - Jun 29th, 2020
- Alderman Stamper and Alderwoman Coggs introduce communication files to tackle community concerns - Ald. Russell Stamper, II - Jun 29th, 2020
- Protest Organizer Vaun Mayes Arrested - Jeramey Jannene - Jun 29th, 2020
- Mother Connected to “40th and Lloyd” Incident Speaks Out - Jeramey Jannene - Jun 26th, 2020
- Residents of Burned Home Speak Out - Graham Kilmer - Jun 25th, 2020
- Activists Clean Up Around Burned House As Questions Remain - Jeramey Jannene - Jun 24th, 2020
Read more about 40th and Lloyd Incident here