Komatsu statement on South Harbor Campus approval
"With a focus on sustainability, state-of-the-art manufacturing, and community harbor space, we are ready to continue to grow Komatsu’s Milwaukee story for decades to come."
MILWAUKEE, WI (Dec.18, 2018) — Komatsu today announced it is excited to be moving forward, with City of Milwaukee approval, its plans for a new manufacturing and headquarters campus to be built in the Harbor District.
“Thank you to all the state, city, and community stakeholders who have worked with us to get this project to its current stage,” said John Koetz, president of surface mining at Komatsu Mining Corp. “We are grateful to WE Energies for their leadership in remediating the site for new use – cleaning up a brownfield that has remained vacant for many years. We look forward to continuing to work with the local representatives, city staff, community leaders, the Harbor District, and surrounding neighborhoods to make this a winning development for Milwaukee and Komatsu. With a focus on sustainability, state-of-the-art manufacturing, and community harbor space, we are ready to continue to grow Komatsu’s Milwaukee story for decades to come.”
The company aims to have the project’s design team, general contractor and inclusion firms selected in the first quarter of 2019. Construction start is projected for late 2019.
To learn more about Komatsu and its communities, visit: https://mining.komatsu/company/community-relations#!community-development
Komatsu Site Plans
Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Komatsu Mining Corp. is part of the global Komatsu family of companies; indispensable partners to the mining, forestry, industrial and construction industries. Komatsu Mining provides essential equipment, systems and solutions used by companies worldwide to extract fundamental minerals for developing modern infrastructure, technology and consumer products. Komatsu Mining Corp. is home to the industry-leading P&H, Joy and Montabert equipment and service brands for mining and related industries.
To learn more, visit www.mining.komatsu.
More about the Komatsu South Harbor Campus
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Commission Approves Komatsu Design - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 15th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Komatsu Unveils Harbor District Designs - Jeramey Jannene - Jul 10th, 2019
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Council Okays Largest Urban Manufacturing Deal in U.S. - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 18th, 2018
- Komatsu statement on South Harbor Campus approval - Komatsu Mining Corp - Dec 18th, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Committee Okays $40 Million For Komatsu - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 11th, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Komatsu Deal Includes Commuter Rail Station - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 4th, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: America’s Largest Urban Manufacturing Proposal? - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 3rd, 2018
- Eyes on Milwaukee: City Lands $285 Million Industrial Campus - Jeramey Jannene - Sep 27th, 2018
- Komatsu Mining Corp. to Build $285 Million Headquarters and Manufacturing Facility in Milwaukee - Gov. Scott Walker - Sep 27th, 2018