Everstream Providing Free Fares for Hop Riders this Holiday Season
Fiber network provider furthers investment in Milwaukee through streetcar partnership including a festive holiday-themed streetcar debuting this month
Milwaukee – Everstream, the business-only fiber network, broadened its investment in Milwaukee today through a new partnership with The Hop, presented by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino. The Cleveland-based fiber network provider will provide free fares to all streetcar riders through the end of the year while also collaborating with The Hop on a festive, holiday-themed streetcar to serve as another destination in the heart of the city this holiday season.
“I’m thrilled to welcome Everstream to the Milwaukee community and The Hop family,” Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett said. “We’re proud to partner with a company that shares our vision for a more connected and forward-thinking city, and we’re thrilled that our streetcar riders will benefit from their investment in Milwaukee. The holiday season is packed with wonderful downtown events, and thanks to Everstream, The Hop will continue to be a fun and free way to access all that our city has to offer.”
Everstream recently announced the completion of its first two high-capacity fiber rings, totaling 172 network miles, which encircle the city’s western suburbs. The company is investing $27 million in Milwaukee and by the end of 2020, Everstream plans to further expand the fiber network to a total of 560 miles. Coinciding with Everstream’s expansion into Milwaukee, the company has opened a new downtown field office that will grow to more than 20 new Milwaukee-based employees.
“Just as The Hop serves as a next-generation transit network fostering connections throughout the city, Everstream is providing the businesses of greater Milwaukee a new option for connectivity with the recent launch of our high-capacity, business-only fiber network,” Everstream President and CEO Brett Lindsey said. “We’re proud to partner with The Hop and work together to continue moving Milwaukee forward.”
Everstream’s sponsorship of free streetcar fares begins this Saturday, Nov. 2, when The Hop officially enters its second year of operations, and continues through Dec. 31. The Everstream-branded and holiday-themed streetcar will debut later in November to coincide with the City’s annual tree lighting ceremony.
For more information on The Hop, visit www.thehopmke.com.
Everstream has raised the bar for business connectivity, delivering a business-only fiber network with the speed, reliability, scale and performance that today’s enterprises demand. With more than 10,000 route miles of fiber and speeds up to 100 Gbps, Everstream’s enterprise-grade network delivers robust business fiber services, including dedicated internet access, dark fiber, Ethernet and data center solutions. Through its “Do What You Say You Will Do” approach, Everstream is a valued partner dedicated to the success of business customers. For more information, visit everstream.net.
For more project details, including the project timeline, financing, route and possible extensions, see our extensive past coverage.
- Eyes on Milwaukee: Is A Couture Deal Finally Coming? - Jeramey Jannene - May 13th, 2020
- Transportation: SUV Driver Runs Into The Hop - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 28th, 2020
- Transportation: Streetcar Kiosks Could Bring In $500,000 Annually - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 20th, 2020
- Thanks A Million, Hop Riders! - The Hop - Feb 19th, 2020
- Transportation: We Energies Will Sponsor Streetcar - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 10th, 2020
- Transportation: Streetcar Ridership Up in January Versus 2019 - Jeramey Jannene - Feb 7th, 2020
- Transportation: Streetcar Ridership Up in December - Jeramey Jannene - Jan 14th, 2020
- Transportation: Ridership Falls for The Hop - Jeramey Jannene - Dec 16th, 2019
- Transportation: The “Holiday Hop” Streetcar Debuts - Jeramey Jannene - Nov 21st, 2019
- No money for police, lead hazard issues or infrastructure, but let’s pump up the streetcar we can’t afford - Ald. Tony Zielinski - Nov 1st, 2019
Read more about Milwaukee Streetcar here