East Town Association COVID-19 Annoucement
MILWAUKEE – April 23, 2020 –
East Town Association Supporters,
For nearly 40 years, East Town Association, a non-profit organization, has been dedicated to community development through both large events and small member gatherings; a catalyst for growth within the Milwaukee and arts community, providing needed mid-size venues for up-and-coming local artists at Bastille Days and Jazz in the Park; an invaluable asset for bars and restaurants in Southeastern Wisconsin; and has served as an incubator for small local businesses and farmers via our Cathedral Square Market.
We have watched and waited to see where this summer is heading and what measures are necessary for us to mitigate any concerns and challenges for hosting large gatherings of people. With guidance from our elected officials, Board of Directors, and community leaders we have made the difficult decision not to host events in June and July and pursue future dates for all events including: Thursday night Jazz in the Park concerts, Saturday morning Cathedral Square Markets, and the Bastille Days Festival which was scheduled for July 9th-12th. We are currently working on alternative dates and options to host our world class Bastille Days event in the Fall, pending any future developments due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The health and welfare of the community is our number one priority and we will do our part to keep the best interests of our attendees and vendors in mind.
Madison Medical Affiliates is a medical practice that serves the downtown Milwaukee community, as well as southeastern Wisconsin. Many of its physicians have been recognized among Milwaukee’s top doctors by patients, peers and the media. Madison Medical has 10 clinic locations throughout the Milwaukee area—one happens to be on Cathedral Square Park. Madison Medical Affiliates is affiliated with Ascension Medical Group.
If you love the work we do, and find yourself in a position to donate to help sustain our organization, we would be greatly appreciative: our online donation page can be found at www.easttown.com/donate. The events we will not be holding in June and July sustain our community-based work year round, and the impact both on our organization and on small businesses dependent on these events will be felt deeply.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions. You can reach us at email@example.com. Follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date on the latest decisions and engagements from East Town Association.
We will miss seeing you all bring Cathedral Square Park to life this summer, but look forward to returning later this year.
Events & Marketing Manager
ABOUT EAST TOWN ASSOCIATION
East Town Association, Inc. is a membership-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to use its events and programs to cultivate a vibrant community experience, enhancing the neighborhood image and appeal, and preserving and celebrating our rich heritage.
More about the Coronavirus Pandemic
- Milwaukee Health Department Announces Upcoming Changes to COVID-19 Services - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Mar 17th, 2023
- Fitzgerald Applauds Passage of COVID-19 Origin Act - U.S. Rep Scott Fitzgerald - Mar 10th, 2023
- DHS Expands Free COVID-19 Testing Program - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Feb 10th, 2023
- MKE County: COVID-19 Hospitalizations Rising - Graham Kilmer - Jan 16th, 2023
- Not Enough Getting Bivalent Booster Shots, State Health Officials Warn - Gaby Vinick - Dec 26th, 2022
- Nearly All Wisconsinites Age 6 Months and Older Now Eligible for Updated COVID-19 Vaccine - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Dec 15th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Dec 9th, 2022
- MKE County: COVID-19 Disease Burden Remains Stable - Graham Kilmer - Nov 25th, 2022
- MKE County: Wastewater Data Shows COVID-19 Uptick - Graham Kilmer - Nov 18th, 2022
- City of Milwaukee Bi-Weekly COVID-19 Update - City of Milwaukee Health Department - Nov 11th, 2022
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by East Town Association
Jazz in the Park Is Back Thursday Nights starting July 21Jun 27th, 2022 by East Town Association
Free summer concert series in Cathedral Square Park ‘Jazz’s up’ this year’s Lineup
Bastille Days and the Milwaukee Art Museum Celebrate French Culture in JulyJun 13th, 2022 by East Town Association
Four-day French festival and museum events bring Joie de vivre back to MKE