DHS Launches COVID-19 Vaccine Data Page
The Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) launched its new COVID-19 vaccine data page this morning. Data shown includes summary metrics for allocation, shipment, and total vaccine administered, as well as a graph displaying the number of vaccinations administered per day. DHS plans to update these visualizations at 2 p.m. every Tuesday.
“We are committed to providing the public with timely COVID-19 vaccine information,” said DHS Secretary-designee Andrea Palm. “Even though we’re in the early stages of the Wisconsin COVID-19 Vaccine Program, it is important for Wisconsinites to know where we stand and highlight the unprecedented work being done by COVID-19 vaccinators across the state.”
Data on vaccinations come from the Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR). WIR is an online system that tracks immunizations given in health care settings into one record for Wisconsinites. This database, containing more than nine million immunization records, receives information from the Wisconsin Vital Statistics program, health care organizations, and Medicaid, and shares data with Minnesota and Michigan’s immunization registries. Guidance from the CDC dictates that all COVID-19 vaccinations must be reported to WIR and providers are expected to complete reporting within 24 hours of administration.
DHS plans to expand the data displayed on this page as COVID-19 vaccines become more widely available. At this time, geographic and demographic vaccine data will not be publicly available due to the small, targeted approach of the early stages of the Wisconsin COVID-19 Vaccine Program. The priority of DHS is to protect the privacy of people who are vaccinated.
- Evers Proposes COVID-19 Child Care Aid - Laurel White - Mar 4th, 2021
- WI Daily: 677 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 4th, 2021
- MKE County: COVID-19 No Longer Declining in Milwaukee - Graham Kilmer - Mar 4th, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine Assistance Hotline Now Available - Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Mar 4th, 2021
- Gov. Evers, DCF Announce Plan to Support Early Care and Education Providers, Partners, and Wisconsin Families - Gov. Tony Evers - Mar 4th, 2021
- WI Daily: 539 New COVID-19 Cases - Urban Milwaukee - Mar 3rd, 2021
- City Aims To Vaccinate Every Educator In Two Weeks - Graham Kilmer - Mar 3rd, 2021
- NEW: Senator Johnson Plans to Delay COVID Relief Through Senate Stunt - Opportunity Wisconsin - Mar 3rd, 2021
- Evers Says Schools May Need Summer Classes - Shawn Johnson - Mar 3rd, 2021
- City Hires Private Firm To Track COVID-19 Violations - Graham Kilmer - Mar 3rd, 2021
Read more about Coronavirus Pandemic here
Recent Press Releases by Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Kroger joins Walgreens to accelerate vaccination efforts
Third FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine is safe and effective