Congratulations Colectivo workers
Joint statement from members of the Milwaukee Common Council: Alderman Cavalier Johnson, Alderman Nik Kovac, Alderman Michael J. Murphy, Alderman José G. Pérez and Alderman Scott Spiker
We want to send our sincere congratulations to the workers of Colectivo Coffee who have successfully won their vote to form a union, making them the largest unionized café chain in the country.
We believe the owners of Colectivo will bargain in good faith, and that this will lead to higher wages, better benefits, and safe working conditions for all of Colectivo’s employees.
Our service-sector employees deserve proper representation and the best possible working conditions, and hopefully this can serve as inspiration and a model for those in our city, state and across the country.
- County Board of Supervisors Congratulate Colectivo Workers on Successful Union Election - Milwaukee County Board of Supervisors - Aug 27th, 2021
- Supervisor Czarnezki Calls on Colectivo Ownership to Bargain with Employees in Good Faith - Sup. Joe Czarnezki - Aug 27th, 2021
- Congratulations Colectivo workers - Milwaukee Common Council - Aug 25th, 2021
- Colectivo Workers Win Union Election - Graham Kilmer - Aug 23rd, 2021
- Colectivo Union Election Is a Tie Vote - Graham Kilmer - Apr 6th, 2021
- Colectivo Union Election Finishes - Graham Kilmer - Mar 31st, 2021
- IBEW Local 494 Statement on Colectivo’s Union-Busting Meetings - International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 494 - Feb 17th, 2021
- Colectivo Workers Petition for Union Election - Graham Kilmer - Feb 16th, 2021
- Colectivo Closes Prospect Avenue Cafe - Graham Kilmer - Jan 18th, 2021
- Murphy’s Law: Local Unions Confront The Wealthy - Bruce Murphy - Nov 30th, 2020
Read more about Union Effort at Colectivo here
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Milwaukee Common Council
Joint statement from members of the Common Council – Alderwoman Chantia Lewis, Alderwoman Nikiya Dodd, Alderman Russell W. Stamper, II, Alderman Khalif J. Rainey, Alderwoman Milele A. Coggs, Alderman Scott Spiker, Alderman Michael J. Murphy, Alderman Nik Kovac, Alderman Mark Borkowski and Alderman José G. Pérez