City-wide School Board Candidate Bob Peterson announces endorsement from 23 elected officials
The full list of elected officials to have endorsed Bob Peterson for MPS school board represents a broad span of Milwaukee’s neighborhoods.
MILWAUKEE – Today, Bob Peterson’s campaign for the citywide seat on the Milwaukee Public Schools Board of Directors announced the endorsement of 23 elected officials from throughout Milwaukee. Last week Bob’s campaign turned in 3,000 signatures to the Milwaukee Election Commission, collecting more than double the required number with the aid of a robust grassroots campaign of more than 100 community volunteers.
These endorsements follow that of Congresswoman Gwen Moore, saying that Bob “has the experience and vision we need for our public schools.”
The full list of elected officials to have endorsed Bob Peterson for MPS school board represents a broad span of Milwaukee’s neighborhoods. Those officials are:
- Gwen Moore, Congress
- Chris Larson, State Senate
- Tim Carpenter. State Senate
- David Crowley, State Assembly
- David Bowen, State Assembly
- Christine Sinicki, State Assembly
- JoCasta Zamarripa, State Assembly
- Jonathan Brostoff, State Assembly
- Evan Goyke, State Assembly
- Ashanti Hamilton, Common Council President
- Jose Perez, Common Council
- Nick Kovac, Common Council
- Chevy Johnson, Common Council
- Tony Zielinski, Common Council
- Sequanna Taylor, County Board
- Marina Dimitrijevic, County Board
- Jason Haas, County Board
- Steven Shea, County Board
- Willie Johnson, Jr., County Board
- Marcelia Nicholson, County Board
- Terry Falk, MPS School Board (At-large)
- Tony Baez, MPS School Board District 6
- Larry Miller, MPS School Board District 5
Bob Peterson, candidate for citywide MPS School Board, taught fifth grade for nearly thirty years in MPS. Peterson helped start La Escuela Fratney, Wisconsin’s first two-way bilingual school. He was Wisconsin’s Elementary Teacher of the Year in 1995 and served as president of the Milwaukee Teachers Education Association from 2011 – 2015. He is a tireless advocate for public education and a founding editor of the Milwaukee based magazine Rethinking Schools, known for its advocacy of equitable education for all children. His two daughters attended and graduated from MPS. Learn more at www.BobforMPS.com.
Mentioned in This Press Release
Recent Press Releases by Bob Peterson
The 3,000 total is double the required amount of 1,500 signatures.
The election for the Milwaukee Board of School Directors is April 2, 2019, with a possible primary February 19.