From Guides to Historic Milwaukee: Juneautown Walking Tour by Mary Ellen Pagel and Virginia Palmer (1965)…
Learning that his rival Byron Kilbourn intended to build a courthouse on this side of the river, Solomon Juneau hurriedly put a builder to work on one in Juneautown. Their small wooden courthouse was replaced in 1869 by a huge red sandstone building, but it, too, eventually proved too small. The gray, classical Milwaukee County Courthouse, which may be seen to the west, succeeded it in 1929. Courthouse Square, renamed Cathedral Park, now contains gardens and a statue of an immigrant mother, erected by William George Bruce in memory of his own and all immigrant mothers.
- Dec 13th, 2018 by Carl Baehr
- Nov 30th, 2018 by Jeramey Jannene
- Nov 5th, 2018 by Newaukee
- Nov 3rd, 2018 by Jeramey Jannene
- Nov 1st, 2018 by Jeramey Jannene
- Oct 29th, 2018 by Jeramey Jannene
Recent Press Releases Referencing Cathedral Square Park
Free summer concert series in Cathedral Square Park adds new country and DJ acts
Also, for the first time, fest-goers can ride Milwaukee’s streetcar, The Hop, directly into the festival, exiting at the Cathedral Square stop.
See downtown Milwaukee’s festive panorama with a 40-minute narrated tour, Thursdays through Sundays, until Dec. 30
- Streetcar rerouted near Cathedral Square Park, upgraded stop planned on Kilbourn - Jun 12th, 2015 - The Milwaukee Business Journal - Sean Ryan