The Junior House Lofts is an apartment building in Milwaukee’s Walker’s Point neighborhood. It was originally built as a factory in 1915, before being renovated as an apartment building in late 2013 through July of 2013 by HKS Holdings, LLC. The building has 50 apartments.
The development’s name is derived from a past tenant, Junior House (later JH Collectibles). Junior House was a Milwaukee-based clothing company. Square D Corp. used the building before Junior House.
The project was financed with a $7 million loan from Love Funding Corp. The loan was insured by a fund backed by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The developers also used state and federal historic-preservation tax credits.
The development also includes a parcel immediately south (4310710000) of the development.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel – Former Walker’s Point clothing warehouse becomes apartments – July 23rd, 2013 – Tom Daykin
- Apr 21st, 2017 by Jeramey Jannene
- May 5th, 2016 by Jeramey Jannene
- May 22nd, 2015 by Dave Reid
- Feb 9th, 2015 by Dave Reid
- May 29th, 2014 by Jeramey Jannene
- May 21st, 2014 by Jeramey Jannene