In the 1870’s part of the land was used for stables for the Uihlein family (owners of the Schlitz Brewery).
The building was built in 1891 for William Ormsby as a livery barn at a cost of $5,000.
In 1910 Progressive Realty Co. took out a permit to repair the building, and “convert Barn to Lithography purposes.” It was to serve as the home of Imperial Lithography, Inc. for nearly a century. The firm moved when it required more space for the newest generation of printing presses.
Olson, operating as Hamilton Stables, LLC., bought the 19,728 square foot building in 2012 for $150,000.
Content referencing Hamilton Stables
Building data on this page, including assessment information, was last updated on April 28, 2019
See somthing wrong? Want to report an issue? Contact us.