1901 E. North Ave. is a one-story building with a substantial basement tavern space located on in the heart of the East North Avenue commercial district. The first-floor is home to Beans & Barley, with the lower floor having been occupied by a number of different bars. The current basement bar tenant is Nine Below.
A building at the same site suffered a fire in 1993, with only Beans & Barley remaining after a new building was constructed. The parking lot at the site is home to the East Side Green Market.
- Beans & Barley
- Nine Below – (August 2016 – present)
- The Library Club – (November 2011 – ?) – Owners Drew Deuster and J.J. Kovacovich
- Decibel Nightclub and Deep Bar Vodka Lounge – (2007-2011) – Owners D. Bowie, Drew Deuster and J.J. Kovacovich
- Mantra Lounge – Mike Vitucci and James Amato (? – 2007)
- East Side Wine & Spirits (prior building)
- Esoteria (prior building and current building)
- Shooter’s (prior building)
- “Decibel Becomes the Library Club” – OnMilwaukee.com – November 8th, 2011
- “Our Milwaukee Beans & Barley” – Riverwest Currents – Jim Loew – November 1st, 2009
- “Mantra Lounge makes room for Decibel/DeepBar” – OnMilwaukee.com – Molly Snyder – February 22nd, 2007
Pole and Anchor Permit.
Content referencing 1901 E. North Ave.
Building data on this page, including assessment information, was last updated on January 26, 2019
See somthing wrong? Want to report an issue? Contact us.